What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAY DAY GAME *Beginners Guide* Trading/Selling Etiquette

OP
xXshutterfly217Xx
Reaction score
Xxshutterfly...I have restored the post that you have deleted so new members can read the details of product bargaining.

Thanks, I wanted it here for that reason. Now we can just go to one source and make a final, short term list for everyone that's easy!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
xXshutterfly217Xx said:
Thanks, I wanted it here for that reason. Now we can just go to one source and make a final, short term list for everyone that's easy!

Sounds good, xxshutterfly!

Ornatrix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
canderson5200 said:
This may be just my pet peeve but if you are new and ask for an item. You should do the FR. Think it is just good manners. Feels rather rude when I'm supplying an item you need and the person says "add me." Just my opinion and may well reflect an old ladies view.

GC: SATxLibrarian level 56

I agree 100%

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF. Head of PR department of F.A.R.M. I'm a proud F.A.R.M™ member. F.A.R.M™ chooses you, you can't choose F.A.R.M.™

sweet peas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your time writing this rule & etiquette, you're awesome! Just found out this link from one of Forum member leilei- she is so nice & helpful gave all informative links. I would never knew about this since I am new with iPad and Hay Day, still have to learn a lot. I gave my son iPad mini for Christmas and looking for farming games for myself. Can you confirm what you meant with back stall. Is it by swipe the roadside stall? I never knew that you not supposed to do that or only if there is wheating (just learned this term too, now I understood). Before I read your writing when I browsing through DailyDirt to buy stuffs they advertised, sometimes I swipe to look if I could not find it on the front page. I feel guilty if I accidentally screwed someone else deal, I apologize to everyone, even as I recalled I never bought 1 coin wheat. Am I understand right about wheating, you placed your wheat for 1 coin in the very first top box? Or first bottom? If I am a seller, after my client bought 1 coin wheat and checked it's the right person you put the agreed stuff on the same box you placed the wheat or you put it on the back stall ( my understanding the 2nd or 3rd page of stall if I am right about this, please confirm). Thanks again, really appreciated your effort and would like to add you if you don't mind ( your I'd Lil Mama 217 right?). Have a nice day!

GC sweet_peas /level 20-21

Last edited:

ewenique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand the wheat ing process, but how do you control the placement of what you're selling, every time I have made a purchase from someone who is in process of adding more items, the items always show up in the first available empty box

OP
xXshutterfly217Xx
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your time writing this rule & etiquette, you're awesome!
Can you confirm what you meant with back stall. Is it by swipe the roadside stall?
Am I understand right about wheating, you placed your wheat for 1 coin in the very first top box? Or first bottom?
If I am a seller, after my client bought 1 coin wheat and checked it's the right person you put the agreed stuff on the same box you placed the wheat or you put it on the back stall ( my understanding the 2nd or 3rd page of stall if I am right about this, please confirm). .....would like to add you if you don't mind ( your I'd Lil Mama 217 right?)
GC sweet_peas /level 20-21

You're very welcome! That was the intention of this posting, to aid newcomers in being able to understand and trade easily withing the game and forums! We have a really strong community here and it's growing! Almost anyone enjoys helping eachother out!

As for the back stall, we referr to the last stall or stall all the way to the right. Some people may only have 6 slots, while others may have 100! Depends on how many friends you have that unlock the additional slots... So, it's generally understood that if you were to go to the back one of the last stalls (doesnt really matter top or bottom) and see a 1coin wheat there, a trade is in progress.

As for you mentionioning that you may have "accidentally taken during an advertisement" that's different. When most players advertise, they don't do trades with friends for that reason, too many quick fingers visiting that someone may take that deal meant for a friend... So, I'd also advise you the same! Just keep yourself full n stocked to make money with ads and friends who brows will buy as well... But if you are setting up a trade, try not to have any ads running at that time. Again, that's why we check the person who bought the wheat, just to make sure it's going to go to the intended person! :)

As for the friend request, I'm more that happy to add/help new player! Feel free to add me if you already haven't!
As usual, have fun and happy farming! See ya around! =^_^=

OP
xXshutterfly217Xx
Reaction score
I understand the wheat ing process, but how do you control the placement of what you're selling, every time I have made a purchase from someone who is in process of adding more items, the items always show up in the first available empty box

Hello there!
When you are going to sell an item in your own stall, to control what stall you wish to sell that item, simply select that stall box and it will load the item there for you once you finished setting the price and confirmed you wish to sell it. (As a helpful side note, also make sure if you are selling to a friend, to make sure that the Advertise button is unchecked so that it doesn't get put in the paper for someone else to take during a trade)
When you are at another's stall as a buyer, the buyer controls where he/she places the items. It just may happen to be in the first available slot that opens if they have a full stall already, or they may not know this page exists and don't know trading/selling etiquette yet!

I hope I answered your questions right for you! If you need any additional help or have any more, feel free to post!
As always, have fun and happy farming! =^_^=

ewenique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there!
When you are going to sell an item in your own stall, to control what stall you wish to sell that item, simply select that stall box and it will load the item there for you once you finished setting the price and confirmed you wish to sell it. (As a helpful side note, also make sure if you are selling to a friend, to make sure that the Advertise button is unchecked so that it doesn't get put in the paper for someone else to take during a trade)
When you are at another's stall as a buyer, the buyer controls where he/she places the items. It just may happen to be in the first available slot that opens if they have a full stall already, or they may not know this page exists and don't know trading/selling etiquette yet!

I hope I answered your questions right for you! If you need any additional help or have any more, feel free to post!
As always, have fun and happy farming! =^_^=

Thank you, I will try this next time, I play with my two children, and am passing on what I learn here and as I go to them. I will add you in GC if thats ok. thanks again

OP
xXshutterfly217Xx
Reaction score
Thank you, I will try this next time, I play with my two children, and am passing on what I learn here and as I go to them. I will add you in GC if thats ok. thanks again

No problem, ever! Accepted the add!
My 2yr old plays with me too..lol

sweet peas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
xXshutterfly217Xx said:
You're very welcome! That was the intention of this posting, to aid newcomers in being able to understand and trade easily withing the game and forums! We have a really strong community here and it's growing! Almost anyone enjoys helping eachother out!

As for the back stall, we referr to the last stall or stall all the way to the right. Some people may only have 6 slots, while others may have 100! Depends on how many friends you have that unlock the additional slots... So, it's generally understood that if you were to go to the back one of the last stalls (doesnt really matter top or bottom) and see a 1coin wheat there, a trade is in progress.

As for you mentionioning that you may have "accidentally taken during an advertisement" that's different. When most players advertise, they don't do trades with friends for that reason, too many quick fingers visiting that someone may take that deal meant for a friend... So, I'd also advise you the same! Just keep yourself full n stocked to make money with ads and friends who brows will buy as well... But if you are setting up a trade, try not to have any ads running at that time. Again, that's why we check the person who bought the wheat, just to make sure it's going to go to the intended person! :)

As for the friend request, I'm more that happy to add/help new player! Feel free to add me if you already haven't!
As usual, have fun and happy farming! See ya around! =^_^=

Thank you so much, really appreciated your response. Sorry just replied nowI have to share with my son since it's his iPad, so just have few minutes to check my farm and visiting my neighbors (will try to help the best I could, either revive trees or bushes or buy some stuff and if I could help with the boat order - a little bit hard since I am not at higher level, limited what I had). Glad we have a dedicated people like you! Happy farming and see you around!

7ex90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a simple guide to jewelry and corresponding voucher outcomes in Hay Day. The work is still in beta mode and more info will be added progressively.
Enjoy! :)

The Vouchers Guide

Most reactions