What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having trouble upgrading iPad from 3.2

Nateman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad with os ver. 3.2 i'm trying to upgrade the firmware and jailbreak. After doing some research i think that 4.3.3 is the best choice. I downloaded the firmware and went through the process of restoring with mac (pawnage and tiny umbrella) and when i tried to restore in iTunes i keep getting error 3604 and it doesn't work. So i went to my pc and used snow breeze and still get the same error. How do i upgrade to a firmware i can jailbreak and which firmware is the best choice????

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
N

Nateman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
APPLE is NOT signing iPad3G 4.3b1 (8F5148b) SHSH requests anymore. All you can do now is select CYDIA and hope that CYDIA has your SHSH saved. If not, there is nothing you can do.

This is the message that i get from TU

and this is for all the versions except 5.0 and i don't think i can jailbreak 5.0

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, if you've run the tutorial as f4780y has suggested and see that you don't have the necessary blobs, then you can't put any other firmware on your iPad other than iOS5.

And, you are correct, there is no jail break for the people with iPad2 on iOS5. So, just have to wait and hope a jail break is developed soon. Sorry.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As Marilyn says, without blobs your only option is 5.0, although as you have and iPad1 you can jailbreak it tethered. We have a tutorial in our tutorials section on how to do this with redsn0w.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Heh. I should learn how to read! You'd think the post title would have given me a clue that you had an iPad1...

Sorry, Nateman, I should have noticed/told you that you could do the untethered jail break on iOS5. My bad...

Marilyn

OP
N

Nateman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate all your help. I guess i'll try the 5.0 and see what happens. Thanks you were really helpful..

Most reactions

Latest posts