What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

having an issue getting on a website, is it my settings?

ap144

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there certain settings on my ipad mini that would prevent me from going on a certain website? I am having issues with a certain work website, it should be working, but its not on my ipad but it works on other ipads.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Restrictions can be set to Limit Adult Content. Settings > General > Restrictions. It's passcode protected. Don't forget the passcode if you set it.

That's the only thing I know of that will restrict website content.

If that is not the issue, try going to Settings > Safari and Clear History and Website Data. Some sites need to store data on your iPad to work, and if it gets corrupted it can cause problems. Clearing this out will force the site to download the data again.

Also, make sure you are not in Private browser mode. The title/tool bar will be a dark gray instead of white. In this mode the iPad can not download or store the data/cookies that some sites need to work properly.

You can enter/exit Private browsing mode by tapping on the double square icon at the top right of the tool bar then tapping on the Private button.

The last possibility is that the site uses Flash or Java. Safari does not support these web technologies. There are, however, some third party browser that do, in a round about way. They basically give you a remote session on a server that does support Flash and/or Java, and show the site on the iPad.

One of the best of these, in my opinion, is Puffin. There is a free trial version you can try out for a few days.

OP
A

ap144

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I checked and I wasnt in private mode and I did try clearing the history and website data and it didnt work. It may be a problem with their website, but not sure.

my screen says a problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded and then it says a problem repeatedly occured on and it lists the website.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. I'm afraid I can't think of any other things you could try.

If you know someone who uses the site on their iPad you could check with them to make sure it isn't just a temporary problem affecting everyone. Or at least make a detailed comparison of how you are accessing the site.Things like making sure they are using the same iOS version, browser, and even wi-fi or cellular connection differences.

Good luck.

OP
A

ap144

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I tried it on 2 ipad minis and it didnt work but worked on an ipad air, I will check into it, thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts