What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you ever dropped your iPad?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just did! It is in a case but of course it landed on the end. On hardwood floor no less.:(

It was extremely loud. It kicked right on and appears to be ok. I have been so careful ~ inevitable, I guess. I think I have had it two months tomorrow.

Have you dropped yours? My friend's sister in law, dropped hers in the tub when she was getting a pedicure.

I have not heard the status but I'm thinking it's toast!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been lucky... so far! (knock wood)

But I did almost leave mine at work yesterday! It was a really long day and I just wanted to get out to my car and get home when one of my co-workers comes running down the hall waving my iPad in the air and yelling, "Hey Scott, what's your screen unlock password?"

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine took a tumble early in our vacation back in July. I was walking down the stairs, the corner of the iPad hit the wall and knocked the iPad out of my hands. It went cartwheeling down a full flight of wooden stairs and then took a couple cartwheels on the wood floors before it stopped.

Luckily, the iPad sustained zero damage. It was in its Hard Candy Sleek skin case.

And that was after my husband stepped on it and his shoe scuffed the InvisibleShield screen protector so hard that he made a ridge and left 6 huge air bubbles. Luckily, I manged to get most of the bubbles fixed and then time finished the rest...it self healed after a couple days.

Needless to say, the iPad had a rough vacation. So did my heart when those incidents happened!

Glad yours is okay!

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My little sister once dropped it from the second floor(landed on the back), I ran fast to check it out. I was amazed how it didn't get effected at all! But then again after thinking I realized that it's didn't get effected because it was covered with the silicon case. I wonder if it would of been the same if it was covered with the Eco Vue case.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine didnt fall off or something. but my heart did skip a while when i saw my barely 3 year old daughter pressing both her hands onto the ipad's LCD. i was trying myself to be calm. lol

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cringe every-time I see someone mentioned they dropped their iPad. The worse fall mine has seen was about 2 feet, and it landed on my Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard. Fortunately, neither the iPad or the keyboard suffered.

I would recommend that everyone get a case for their iPad. I have a Street Skin which makes it easier to hold and will protect it somewhat. Better yet might be one of those Otterboxes, but they are really expensive.

ProPhotoGA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep.. dropped mine on the tarmack while taking it to the plane. But as I keep
mine in a Belkin GripVue and a Hard Candy Bubble case there was no damage
and shoot.. not even a scratch on the Hard Candy Case.

Anton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped mine twice,both times I was sitting at my computer desk reading an e-book when I fell asleep and it slipped out of my hands onto the shag carpeted hardwood floor.For a split second I was sick to my stomach but the IPad sustained no damage and works fine.I have the Apple cover installed.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine didnt fall off or something. but my heart did skip a while when i saw my barely 3 year old daughter pressing both her hands onto the ipad's LCD. i was trying myself to be calm. lol
Oh Lord. Wait til she is 5 then get her one.:D

@SweetPoison
She's 9 years old, I didn't yell at her, I just didn't let her play with it anymore. And that basically made her sad anyway.

Ever? aww...you will change your mind!

I cringe every-time I see someone mentioned they dropped their iPad. The worse fall mine has seen was about 2 feet, and it landed on my Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard. Fortunately, neither the iPad or the keyboard suffered.

I would recommend that everyone get a case for their iPad. I have a Street Skin which makes it easier to hold and will protect it somewhat. Better yet might be one of those Otterboxes, but they are really expensive.

Tell me ~ I have the type of soft leather case, that way I can prop it up when I am using it on my couch, actuallly on my tummy:D, if you get one of those cases, you have to take it out every time to use it? And there is no propping it up, is there?

Yep.. dropped mine on the tarmack while taking it to the plane. But as I keep
mine in a Belkin GripVue and a Hard Candy Bubble case there was no damage
and shoot.. not even a scratch on the Hard Candy Case.

Thank Goodness!!

I dropped mine twice,both times I was sitting at my computer desk reading an e-book when I fell asleep and it slipped out of my hands onto the shag carpeted hardwood floor.For a split second I was sick to my stomach but the IPad sustained no damage and works fine.I have the Apple cover installed.

I almost did this. I fell asleep and was trying to read. It slipped out of my hand...but I woke!

This ipad is gonna kill us all!

KILLERkpd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my son dropped mine but it was in the case and nothing happened to it at all....you should have seen his face though, priceless!!!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aww...these poor kids! How old is your son? I remember once when my daughter we 5, she was told not to open this huge bag of M&M's. Well she did and they flew everywhere! All over the floor!

I saw her scampering to pick them up and I will never, 20 years later, forget the look on her face. It was priceless too!

Most reactions

Latest posts