1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Have U been able to transfer movies from pc to ipad with cam connection kit

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by eddiethebhoy, Apr 9, 2012.

1. eddiethebhoy

eddiethebhoy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been trying to figure how to transfer movies i have on my pc to my ipad3 and its been frustrating. I saw someone across from me on the train the other day watching a movie and he said he transferred it from pc to ipad. I didnt bother to ask how as I thought it would be simple to do. But to my discovery i have not been able to do it lol , if you know how to do it as in you have done it already yourself would you be so kind in telling me how to please as it would deeply appreciated , Thanks.
  2. Rends

Rends iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Well if the movie is already in a iPad compatible format you only need to import them into itunes.
    Next connect your iPad with your Pc and select the videos you want in itunes and sync them with your iPad.
  3. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    The camera connection kit has nothing to do with it. It is for connecting a USB adapter to your camera, or for reading SD cards, and is very limited in function. It depends on what format your movie is in and wether or not it has DRM protecting it. You have to put the video into iTunes into a supported format, and most find that H.264 for iPad ideal. This can be done by using a free program called HandBrake. It take a long time to change encoding, but the setup is easy for most. If the video does have DRM protection, HandBrake will not do anything until the DRM is removed.