1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Have to timeout after powering on

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by MEdwards, Apr 19, 2013.

1. MEdwards

MEdwards iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My iPad4 has been doing something different for the last few weeks, perhaps since the last OS upgrade.

After I turn it on the startup slider at the bottom will not budge. I have to let it time out (which doesn't take long, just a few seconds), press the button, the slider comes back, and now it will move to the right and the iPad starts up. It used to be that the first appearance of the slider would slide and the device would start immediately. Not a big problem, just different, and I wondered why.

I know many people turned their iPads on in Best Buy a year ago and have never turned them off, so they have no idea what I'm talking about, but perhaps some of you will. Thanks.

Mike E
  2. Blue92

Blue92 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Strange. My iPhone 3GS (yea, yea, it's old...) has done the same thing a few times since the last update.
  3. Husq250

Husq250 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Every device ive ever owned does that. Not all the time but most of the time. iPhones and several iPads. Ive always let the screen blacken out before i hit home button to slide. Like its not completely booted up all the way. Never been a problem though.