Have one Gmail account but cannot access second Gmail account

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by DBsrs, Jan 13, 2015.

1. DBsrs

DBsrs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    i am used to a PC but new to Apple devices. A new iPad mini was presented to me and set up by someone competent. My Gmail account works fine with the 'Mail' App but my partner, who also has a Gmail account, is unable to access his account by going to the Gmail website. The login screen opens, the username and password can be entered, but signing-in fails with the message that there is a problem with the page, which is then reloaded. Can some expert please tell me what are we doing wrong?

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    This could be a bug you're experiencing with Safari. It's happening to me quite often when I'm posting here.
    Did he enter the information once more and try to login again after the "problem with the page" message appeared?

3. speedlever

speedlever
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    That is odd. I have multiple gmail accounts on my mini2 as well as exchange and yahoo accounts with no issues that I am aware of.

Has your mini been updated to the latest iOS?

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    If it is still happening, try clearing Web History and Data in Safari's settings.

5. DBsrs

DBsrs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Many thanks for your response. Indeed, he tried many times. I, too am unable to access my account if I go via the sign-in page!

6. DBsrs

DBsrs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thank you. Yes, iOS has been updated.

7. DBsrs

DBsrs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thank you. I just tried it but there is no change. Also, as I said in my reply to J. A. Said, even I cannot sign-in if I try via the Safari route!

8. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I just tested it on my iPad, and had no problem signing in; though I have two step verification turned on, so I had to look at my phone and enter the verification code when requested. This only happens once, usually, but I cleared my History and Web Data too, just to make sure we were on the same page.

I'm not sure what else to suggest. Can you offer a screen shot of the notice you are getting. Be sure to use an app like Skitch to obscure any personal data.

9. DBsrs

DBsrs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

10. DBsrs

DBsrs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The problem has resolved itself, mysteriously. Not knowing how to capture a screen shot on the iPad mini, I again tried the log-in to the Gmail account, via Safari, to read the exact words of the single line message I was getting -- planning to send you the exact words. However, this time there was a different message, telling me to get the Gmail App or go to the Mobile site (live box was present). I clicked on the Mobile site box and found that the desired account had opened!

Many thanks for the time and trouble you have taken to help me.