What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has your app been rejected because of its name?

centripedo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometime ago I submitted an app on the app store called Presentation Pad, and it was rejected due to its name, to be more precise because of the word "pad" in it.
So, the next submission, I had to change the name to Presentation Note, which turned out just fine, because it's in context with the features of the app.
However, this whole situation was rather strange because there are lots of apps with words like pad, ipad, for ipad etc in the name.
Has this ever happened to anyone else? What was the official explanation in your case?

dan25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't used the word pad in my apps. Did you question why yours was rejected but some others weren't?

OP
C

centripedo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, I did send them an email and got a response that was rather disappointing and said something like "you should care only about your apps not about others" and that's far from a constructive explanation. So, I ended up changing the name of the app to Presentation Note, and removed the word "Pad" completely. There was no other choice for me... It was either that or no app in the app store.

Most reactions