What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has the ipad 2 demand slowed down?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here the stores have tons of stock now. Was at best buy and they had at least 40 ipad 2 in stock and apparently has been there for awhile now. If this was 3 months ago that cabinet would have been cleaned out within the hour of receiving stock.

Sent from my black 1TB 3G iPad 2 using iPF

M

Manou

They are still fairly difficult to get hold of in Hong Kong. At the Apple online HK store they are stated as 'currently unavailable' - for several months already. Sometimes you can get a wifi model, the 3G version is very hard to find.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Demand has not slowed in Australia even with stock available.

Just curious how do you know what is sold and stock available with best buy store are you a manager and work there? By the way 40 iPads is a small stock holding. Our sister store is selling average 5 a day here and we re small compared to best buy. What I am saying is stock on hand means nothing to customers as you have no idea of model breakdown or what specials that may be coming

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here the stores have tons of stock now. Was at best buy and they had at least 40 ipad 2 in stock and apparently has been there for awhile now. If this was 3 months ago that cabinet would have been cleaned out within the hour of receiving stock.

How do you know "stores have tons of stock" Do you call or ask each one? Best Buy told you they had 40 in stock?

Your threads are without words.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a pretty obvious outcome.

Why do you say that when demand still exceeds supply 40 ipads in stock is nothing Our stores whom are Cerified ipad dealers carry minimum 50 around 8 per model I know as I am employed in a similar type store in Australia US has even a larger range of models than in australia so the numbers are small

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
It's a pretty obvious outcome.

I agree. Once people know they can get something, they also know they can wait until they feel the time is right. When things are difficult to find, people generally will buy something without as much hesitation. Human nature 101 I guess.

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just bought my first ipad 2 32g last night at Bestbuy and the store clerk said they had 20 of the 3g and 20 of the wifi, but he said they normally last 2 days before they run out.

Messi1580

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apple stores always bring small quantities of iPads and tell every one that they have limited quantities specially the white ones. The throw impression that iPads will nt be available any more in the Mkt which make everyone to urgently get it

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
our local krcs were out of stock a coulpe of weeks ago and having to turn customers away,i know as i went in for one.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad supply has caught up to demand. This was discovered a few weeks ago when the online wait time was changed to "ships within 1-3 days" instead of "2-3 weeks." but with the rumor of the iPad HD floating around to be released in a few months, I'd be skeptical of buying an iPad 2 now when I could just wait a few months to get the newer version.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends on location. Some stores just don't have as much demand, so the stock is more readily available. Because of shortages in Asia, for instance, you'll sometimes see runs go longer at Apple stores on both U.S. coasts, for example. Some resellers send couriers to buy from those stores and they gray market the iPads in Asia.

ghett0tech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
our store is definitely stocks fully now. for the last 4 months we couldn't keep an iPad 2 in stock. i really doubt apple will release another iPad this year. then again, who knows? he whole MacBook Air launch was a complete surprise to us. got to work and manager said hey guys, today is launch day for lion and so on.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demand has not slowed in Australia even with stock available.

I was told in June that Australian stock levels would be matching demand by about the end of July and that seems to have come true. Many stores now seem to have limited stock available and Apple themselves have reduced the wait time on line to 3-5 days from the 2-3 weeks it was up until July.
I think that this is a combination of Apple improving the supply chain and the initial demand easing a little. Of course the cynics would also say that Apple have a history in restricting supply of new products to increase desirability. With the imminent arrival of the iPad2 HD or whatever it's called plus the iPhone 5 and iOS5 Apple will be moving on to those products anyway, the focus will go off iPad2 soon.

Most reactions

Latest posts