What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone used picture in picture video on ipad?

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was wondering if ipad 4 has picture in picture capability, considering it has the bigger screen and all.
I think I saw 4k video player that can play multiple windows of video, but I have not seen a picture in picture video.
Thanks.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can edit picture in picture with apps like iMovie and Pinnacle Studio, but I don't think that is what you're getting at. Do you mean play more than one video at the same time, ie mutiple windows?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi just to intrude in here,,, I want something like that. Is that possible?

Playback picture in picture, or editing a video with picture in picture feature?

You cannot play two videos at once on an iPad.

As stated above, some video editing apps do have picture in picture feature for editing videos.

sandracasereeves

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using picture in picture using Pinnacle for ipad on my ipad mini. The first picture is actually a still photo. The second Picture is the one video that I want to play against the still photo background. The video plays but with no sound. I have started from scratch several times. I make sure that I render before I attempt to play back the project. Any help or anyone had this happen? Thanks much...

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am using picture in picture using Pinnacle for ipad on my ipad mini. The first picture is actually a still photo. The second Picture is the one video that I want to play against the still photo background. The video plays but with no sound. I have started from scratch several times. I make sure that I render before I attempt to play back the project. Any help or anyone had this happen? Thanks much...

Does the video have sound if just added to the timeline without any PinP effect applied?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It actually sounds like its looking for the audio from the still picture rather than the video in the box. I'll have to experiment to see if I can replicate the scenario.

EDIT: just as I suspected. The limitation of the app requires the audio to be on the footage in position 1 on a picture in picture scenario. I set up a sample PnP with a still in position 1 and the video in position 2. I got no sound the same as you. If I reverse the positions, the sound from the video plays.

However handy these apps are, they are not as fully featured as the PC or Mac versions, only allowing for basic editing.

Last edited:

sandracasereeves

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777,

Thank you so much for investigating this as I thought I was nuts! All I am trying to do is put a theme on my video to brand it and the themes in iMovie are not the best colors.

Thanks again,
Sandra

Most reactions