Has anyone tried the TouchPad keyboard on an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by ldrki, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ldrki

ldrki Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an iPad and being a webOS fan since the Palm PRE days I just bought a cheap TouchPad. If I get a TouchPad keyboard will I be able to use it on the iPad? Thanks for your help.
  2. Cord

Cord iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My Touchpad 32gb is scheduled to arrive on Thursday according to the tracking from Mac Mall. The price was right for a change.
    I have no idea if the HP keyboard will function with the iPad. There is a lot of chatter of porting Android over to the Touchpad. I'll fool around with for a while and then give it to my 11 year old nephew so he can play Angrey Birds.
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,689 / 1
    If it is bluetooth it should at least work for basic typing. Special function keys are a toss up.
  4. ldrki

ldrki Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Cord for this info below, I can't PM you cause I haven't reached 6 messages yet. My problem is that I need it to work with the Spanish alphabet too, with ñ and ç... Cheers,

Hi, I received a Touchpad keyboard today and it works beautifully with the iPad as well with the Touchpad. It takes 2 AA cells and I am using NiMH rechargeables in it. The keyboard is almost 2 inches longer than the iPad in horizontal mode. BTW, I have been able to buy two HP Tpads 32GB for the $149 Fireale price but I am still looking for a 16gb ....Christmas gifts....