1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Has anyone tried the TouchPad keyboard on an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by ldrki, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ldrki

ldrki Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an iPad and being a webOS fan since the Palm PRE days I just bought a cheap TouchPad. If I get a TouchPad keyboard will I be able to use it on the iPad? Thanks for your help.
  2. Cord

Cord iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My Touchpad 32gb is scheduled to arrive on Thursday according to the tracking from Mac Mall. The price was right for a change.
    I have no idea if the HP keyboard will function with the iPad. There is a lot of chatter of porting Android over to the Touchpad. I'll fool around with for a while and then give it to my 11 year old nephew so he can play Angrey Birds.
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    If it is bluetooth it should at least work for basic typing. Special function keys are a toss up.
  4. ldrki

ldrki Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Cord for this info below, I can't PM you cause I haven't reached 6 messages yet. My problem is that I need it to work with the Spanish alphabet too, with ñ and ç... Cheers,

Hi, I received a Touchpad keyboard today and it works beautifully with the iPad as well with the Touchpad. It takes 2 AA cells and I am using NiMH rechargeables in it. The keyboard is almost 2 inches longer than the iPad in horizontal mode. BTW, I have been able to buy two HP Tpads 32GB for the $149 Fireale price but I am still looking for a 16gb ....Christmas gifts....