What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone seen any action on the "Ships: by March 19" units?

OP
J

jmkiska

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My status finally change to "Shipped" this morning, but no tracking details are available yet.

pahfoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's only three days since the launch and already I feel like I'm the only person on the planet without a new iPad.

UPS changed my status yesterday to add a delivery date...end of day today! If I actually do get it today, Apple will have exceeded my expectations by a mile. The unit wasn't supposed to even be shipped until today. If I don't get it today, I know I will then be the only person in the galaxy without an iPad.

OP
J

jmkiska

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPS Tracking now says that my iPad will be delivered tomorrow. The interesting thing is that it says the shipment originated in Harrisburg, PA. No tracking info from China. I live near Pittsburgh, PA, so UPS is only a 1 day point from Harrisburg.:D

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is still preparing for shipping even though my info says it is supposed to be shipping today. We shall see.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

bryanpog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kitkat3709 said:
Mine is still preparing for shipping even though my info says it is supposed to be shipping today. We shall see.

U should get it sometime tonight. Mine did that all day Friday then late that night it changed to "shipped" and I got a tracking number.

Wmwelch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally received mine this morning. It changed from the early delivery date of 3/16 in the wee hours of the morning on 3/16 back to 3/19 end of day but later changed to 3/19 by 10:30 AM. Received @ 10:20 EST this AM.

Wendy

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bryanpog said:
U should get it sometime tonight. Mine did that all day Friday then late that night it changed to "shipped" and I got a tracking number.

I did get the notice and a tracking # at last. However all the complaints I'm reading has me just a little scared. Yikes.

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOl. I've been scanning my movie collection into My Movies Pro for IPad for the last two days...720 so far and I still have plenty to do. Keeping me very busy. It's a great app by the way.

iPad and iPhone are human kinds' new road to serfdom...

pahfoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, mine said delivery by end of day today. Not sure how much more end-ish it can be - 8 pm ...and no UPS guy. I can only assume I'll be as happy tomorrow at this time as disappointed I am tonight.

Blaqdymun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmkiska said:
Unfortunately I missed the first round of new iPads for the 3/16 delivery. I ordered a Black 64GB Wi-Fi + 4G for AT&T on 3/8. My status still say "Processing Items". Has anyone else who ordered a "Ships: by March 19" unit seen any other status?

My status does say "Delivers: March 21 via Standard Shipping", which is a change form when I placed my order when it said "Delivers: by March 26 via Standard Shipping".

On a whim I walked into a VZN store near my home just to get a look at the NEW IPAD "3", because I was sure there weren't any left. Well when I asked the sales rep if they had any in the store he said "let me check in the back, I believe we have a few" he came back and said "we gave (1) 16gig and (2) 32gigs in Black only. I was like WHAT?!?!

Needless to say I walked up outta there with a 32gig 4g on release day at 6:39pm in the evening, SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple said that it was shipped, however FedEx said that it was initiated but hasn't shipped. I'm confused...it says delivery tomorrow, but I have seen no movement. And I need to make sure someone here will be home to sign if it does arrive. :(

pahfoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a delivery exception from UPS today. Seems the ipad didn't get loaded on the plane but the paperwork was scanned through anyway. GAH! Won't be here until tomorrow now...supposedly.

Funny thing is I had a fun little UPS rant on Twitter and some customer service rep replied and asked if they could help. Interesting they can employ people to monitor twitter to look for peeved customers but can't find someone to put the packages on the planes.

Last edited:

Blaqdymun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pahfoh said:
i got a delivery exception from ups today. Seems the ipod didn't get loaded on the plane but the paperwork was scanned through anyway. Gah! Won't be here until tomorrow now...supposedly.

Funny thing is i had a fun little ups rant on twitter and some customer service rep replied and asked if they could help. Interesting they can employ people to monitor twitter to look for peeved customers but can't find someone to put the packages on the planes.

rotf!

bryanpog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just An update on mine today. I got it. Turned it on an boom about 3 dead pixels. Took it back to the store and upgraded to 32g at the same time.

Most reactions