Has anyone dropped their iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by EIGHTYTHREE, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romanr

romanr
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Really! That is supper cool of Apple but I doubt that is their new standard policy regarding dropped iPads.

2. metheridge

metheridge
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Mine fell out as I was opening the damn box it came in, not a scratch on it. I was thinking I'm really gonna be pissed if I broke it before I even got to turn it on the first time!

3. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    My friend dropped his brand new iPhone and the screen shattered. He went in and they replaced it as well.

Can't beat Apple customer service!

4. EIGHTYTHREE

EIGHTYTHREE
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Noooooooooooo!! The epic slo-mo fall and failed attempt to catch! Not quite the same monetary exchange but I ofter do that when I open up Reece cups...still as good as the one the didn't hit the floor. I'm happy for you it didn't break, that woulda been tragic!

5. Kwabenapeprah

Kwabenapeprah
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Dropped my ipad 2 last night and the screen is shattered. It was because the new smart cover came off. Challenge is, i bought it in Ohio 2 weeks ago when I was on vacation from Africa and I am back home. Any help?

6. EIGHTYTHREE

EIGHTYTHREE
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Some people have been having success by simply going to an Apple store, being honest in what happened and they will exchange it for a new one. I think that's what you should to do, you have nothing to lose. Don't mention anything like "i heard on the Internet..." just go, show your disappointment, be courteous, honest and see what happens.

#46 EIGHTYTHREE, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  7. Spongebob

Spongebob
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I had dropped mine and explained about the smart cover and Apple was kind enough to replace it free no questions asked.

8. Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I'm assuming by his post that there aren't any apple stores where he's at in Africa. If that is the case then your only option is to call their customer support and see if you can ship it to them. They will either repair it or exchange it with another unit and quote you a price if there is one.

9. jmorton10

jmorton10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    A guy I work with had a disaster with his brand new iPhone 4.

He picked up the phone &headed back to work. The phone rang as he was driving back. He answered it, talked for a minute & then set it in his lap. It was pouring rain out.

When he got to where I work, he forgot about the phone & stepped out of the car. The phone fell straight into a puddle & he stepped on it all in one motion. Not only was it submerged, the screen was smashed in pieces & he had made exactly one call & no texts.......

~John

10. EIGHTYTHREE

EIGHTYTHREE
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    oh I thought He/She said that they're back home now from Africa and is back in Ohio. You are right, I misread the post...my bad! Thanks for clearing that up for me

#50 EIGHTYTHREE, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.