What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardware Manufacturer

blackflie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there.
I'm hoping somebody on this forum can help me out.
Im looking for a company that can help me make a tool to use with my ipad. This is an idea i have to create a piece of hardware to use with ipads.
The only problem is i dont know where or how to create a "prototype"

If anyone knows of some companies that can create ipad hardware, I would really appreciate it. Any point in any direction is GREATLY appreciated.

WT

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would help people if we knew what sort of thing you are on about. Where abouts are you aswell?

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

OP
B

blackflie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im in alberta canada.
I'm looking to create a device to plug into my ipad and communicate with other computers. Problem is i dont know how i can go about making such a tool so im looking for companies that create prototype ipad devices

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new Netbook (Samsung N220).
It has Windows 7 Starter, Office Home & Student 2010 & per the Adobe website Adobe Flash Player 10.1.102.64 is installed. My Control Panel indicates Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX is installed. (I assume that AFP was pre-installed).
I was recently sent a PowerPoint Presentation with some Flash files in it (Maps with a amoving route arrow from city to city which you can be pause & continue as required). This Presentation works on my Desktop PC which has Windows XP & PowerPoint 2002. BUT NOT on my Netbook!
By the way I can watch YouTube on the Netbook, so assume FLash is working ok.
I have spent many hours trying to resolve the problem without success.
Would greatly value some advice as to what I should do next. - Thanks - jemmorgan

Welcome to the Forum. This is an iPad site and most Members here will probably know little or nothing about the Samsung netbook. You might find better advice on a Samsung Forum.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im in alberta canada.
I'm looking to create a device to plug into my ipad and communicate with other computers. Problem is i dont know how i can go about making such a tool so im looking for companies that create prototype ipad devices

But the iPad can already communicate with other computers using either USB, WiFi, Bluetooth or 3G. How would your device differ from the existing means of communication?

Tim

OP
B

blackflie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im in alberta canada.

But the iPad can already communicate with other computers using either USB, WiFi, Bluetooth or 3G. How would your device differ from the existing means of communication?

Tim

Thats the thing. It would. What im trying to develop is very specific and a needed tool in my field. I guess im trying to be the first to make it... I just dont know how to go about it.
:(
(you know im looking for my Dragon's Den TV show lol (or Shark Tank))

RyanHarris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spline Broaches

Spline Broach is an instrument for cutting and sizing. They are usually made for only one user and for only a particular machining operation. Spline Broaches are utilized for manufacturing purpose to form holes or cut the surfaces.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thats the thing. It would. What im trying to develop is very specific and a needed tool in my field. I guess im trying to be the first to make it... I just dont know how to go about it.
:(
(you know im looking for my Dragon's Den TV show lol (or Shark Tank))

This is still the wrong place to ask. Maybe you need to look for an inventor's forum or one devoted to "how to turn your idea" into a product. You see this stuff on TV from time to time. You obviously will need a company that understands electronics and the iPad in particular.

Most reactions

Latest posts