What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard-Shell Back cases that work with smart Cover!

mikesong0323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UNC_Buccaneer said:
I've looked countless places for ipad 2 back side case that work with the smart cover and I've only found two Enki | We've got you covered and XGear Smart Cover Enhancer for iPad 2 - SlashGear

I like the enki gear better, it has more protection. Leave you opinions.Also if you know of any other similar one please tell me!

I don't know much about enki's cover, but I've got a smart cover enhancer myself.
I recommend it!
I really dig the scratch/scuff protection I was looking for and the same slim/sleek form factor I can retain of the iPad 2.

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my Dad one from ebay for 13 bucks tax and shippping included.
ET00137-1.jpg

To be honest the glossy surface may look nice and shiny but they are prone to scratches...that being said I really like the xgear but I didn't get a smart cover so I opted for another option.

Note: Have yet to test fit If you'd like I can give a brief review once my pad deuce comes in :)

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Enki and XGear backs are both nice. I wanted one now, so I got the XGear. It works well, and I'm quite happy with it. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

xrouge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just received Joy Factory SmartFit2. Fits nicely and it since it's transparent you know exactly how the back would look like :)

shhardyme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marware has a nice shell for the back that works with the smart cover. Works great!

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marware has a nice shell for the back that works with the smart cover. Works great!

they also make one that is a hard shell back & smart cover front all as one assembly. I have one & it works fine, but I prefer my real leather smart cover with the clear Joy back.

~John

jd78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as "Brand Name" hard shell cases compatible with the smart cover there are only 3 available now... XGear Enhancer, Joy Factory SmartFit2, and some Macrumors members are reporting finding the Belkin Snap Shield at their local Best Buy. Some of have stated they have had luck calling and asking for SKU #2538172.

Pictures of the Belkin case were posted during a discussion on the Enki Genius Case. MacRumors Forums - View Single Post - Enki Gear Genius Case

Reaction score
Do hardcover shells scratch the iPad back?

I only used one for an iPod and the back is completely scratched, worse then if it where without a case. It seems dust comes in and ruins the back. Has anyone experiences with iPad cases in this regard?

Most reactions