What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard Reset

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When can I do a Hard Reset? That is, can I press and hold the buttons while the unit and display is on? I noticed that when I press and hold both buttons when the iPad is turned off, I just get a standard startup routine in a couple of seconds.

Please explain exactly how and when to do a hard reset - if the iPad isn't just frozen or locked up with a blank screen.

The reason I wish to perform this proceedure is because the pad is acting strangely of late. I did so several days ago when it actually did freeze and go blank.

Thanks,

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're already halfway there to doing a hard reset...

When you hold the sleep and home buttons, keep holding until the screen goes dark and then the Apple logo appears. The key here is: The slide to lock screen may or may not appear. Just keep holding until you see the Apple logo, then you can release the buttons. IOW, don't let go if you see the log off screen.

It may seem to take forever to see the logo or to see your homescreen reappear (or both). Just trust in the fact that both will happen...

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts