What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard Drive Wiped Out

Neon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was on vacation recently and took several movies and photos on my iPad2. When I returned my nephew attempted to view the photos on my iPad but did not know the security code. After he tried several codes, all incorrect, my iPad was restored to factory settings. The movies and photos were not backed up to iCloud yet because I just returned today, because I had very little space left on my iCloud account and i was never near reliable internet service to address it. AppleCare says I am out of luck. Does anyone have a different opinion? Can I take it to someone who specializes in hard drive recovery or is that a waste of time? Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Neon - welcome to the forum!:)

Well, I believe that you are out of luck after a factory restoration and no backup available. Your passcode setting must have been set to restore after 10 attempts w/ an invalid code. Maybe others will 'chime in' w/ better news for you - sorry.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. Their is no hard drive from which to extract data. iPads have solid state drives which have no platters or arms. I know of no way to recover your data if the solid state drive was in essence reinitialized.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly this post serves as a warning to others of what could happen when you don't do a backup as soon as possible.

Don't blame your nephew too much, as anything could have happened to the device itself and you would have lost your files, with the same end result.:(

OzLing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.

This measure is a double edged sword - your data is protected if your device is stolen. Note that this 'wipe' could also be triggered remotely from your iTunes at home. On the other hand, it is also means you could lose a lot of info accidentally.

Most reactions

Latest posts