What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Third Birthday to the iPad!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A fun look back:

A look back at the iPad naysayers | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

I love that I -- a total non-geek -- didn't have blinders on and immediately embraced Kindle and iPad, because such gadgets have made life so much more fun and convenient. I would have hated to have missed out.

That is brilliant Kay, I particularly liked this.....

Donovan Colbert, Tech Republic, February 23, 2010

In the end, I think that the iPad will eventually be regarded much like Apple TV – a product that Jobs should have left on the drawing boards.

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is brilliant Kay, I particularly liked this.....

Donovan Colbert, Tech Republic, February 23, 2010

In the end, I think that the iPad will eventually be regarded much like Apple TV – a product that Jobs should have left on the drawing boards.

The Archangel

Yes, lots of laughs in retrospect.

Steve Jobs also miscalled things, though. He dismissed Kindle when Amazon blazed that trail, lol.

Steve Jobs: "People Don't Read Anymore." | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

And he doubted Android phones' potential:

<< He was equally skeptical about Google’s decision to develop smartphone software. Google bought a small start-up called Android several years ago, and a team of developers is now putting the finishing touches on an open-source smartphone operating system designed to rival both the iPhone and Microsoft’s Windows Mobile software. >>

The Passion of Steve Jobs - NYTimes.com

This is an older flashback, from last November:

The Kindle Turns 5 Today, and It's Come a Ridiculously Long Way

Most reactions

Latest posts