What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Third Birthday to the iPad!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to take a moment, on one of the best and neatest forums I've ever been a member of (or associated with), to say "Happy Birthday" to the iPad, the reason for this forum's existence.

I remember the hype when it was released and my insistence that no, I didn't need an iPad. I am so happy to have been proven wrong. :)

Here's to many more years of iPads and improvements.

Marilyn

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow--iPad is 3 years old--hard to believe that! Since getting my ipad almost 2 years ago, it's been with me everywhere. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge for me...as I continue to learn the wonders of this device.

So I join in with the Birthday wishes, IPad!! :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I heard about iPad, I knew right off that I was getting one. I'd been wanting a user-friendly tablet for ages, but nothing had come along yet that was a good fit, since I don't like to tinker -- I just want to conveniently and endlessly consume media on tablets, lol.

Well, it's been three fun-filled years with iPad. (Nearly three for me, because I waited for the 3G model instead of going for the wifi model, which debuted first.)

iPhone was my gateway drug to Apple, and my Kindle made me very happy before iPad. When I got my first iPad 1, Kindle was the first app I loaded. When my Kindle library started loading before my eyes, I did the butt wiggle of joy.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gees....Happy Birthday iPad!

3 years already......I don't know what I did before getting my iPad, well yes I do, it was all about my iPhone which then made me want an iPad so very much.

And then the long wait for the ipad2, 5 months in all as I had heard of new features and the hint of a camera, which made me want to wait. Glad I did wait and loved it straight away. My iPhone then became just a phone for calls.

Then I found this Forum from which to learn how to make the most of my iPad and I've stayed as I then learnt how wonderful this Forum is!

Hip Hip Hooray!

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well it took me 2yrs 10mths to realise there were more than just one kid on the block who I would be happy to adopt.

Having used Android tablets and phones since day one I never gave a passing thought in venturing on to iOS, to most parts it has been a happy marriage. I love the home screen widgets and ability to grab and share any file with ease.
BUT..... what I soon found that sometimes the simplistic approach of iOS would provide me with a quicker and less trouble free method in executing a task.
I was hooked line and sinker. The iPad serves practically all my daily general needs admirably and unlike with my Android tablets where for certain tasks I would jump back to my Laptop, with the iPad the Laptop remains in the corner switched off. I think the main user of my Laptop now is my wife who passes over the closed lid every few days with a duster...... Thank You iPad.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohoo....happy birthday iPad! Thanks for the heads up Marilyn, I hadn't realised.

To top it all off, my third iPad is due to be delivered today, a Mini.......so I'm celebrating in style!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somehow, if we are celebrating this seems somewhat appropriate for today.....watch it all the way through

The Archangel

Last edited by a moderator:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i remember the year or so build up to it's release - i was (and still am) a staunch Windows user and we were all curious in our office what this new 'slab' would look like, as up until then there was nothing, nothing even remotely like one, on the market. what the heck is a tablet and how would we use one? i just remember i'd be buying one whatever the price as i've always admired Apple design (even if i never used them).

i held out until the ipad2 came along as a camera for skype was a must.

What a visionary that company was/is.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Woohoo....happy birthday iPad! Thanks for the heads up Marilyn, I hadn't realised.

To top it all off, my third iPad is due to be delivered today, a Mini.......so I'm celebrating in style!

The Archangel

That's great Gabe, enjoy that mini.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Somehow, if we are celebrating this seems somewhat appropriate for today.....watch it all the way through

The Archangel

Oh...that was great, Gabe! Thanks of sharing that!

Congrats on your new mini!

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,I am new in this forum because I bought my iPad 4 this week, but I wish iPad a Happy Birthday and many more to come.
Cheers

Welcome to the iPad forums, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 282,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum.
We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

giancarlo.1946

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 282,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum.
We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

Thank you scifan 57 for your welcome.
Been new in this forum and playing with my new iPad I can think a lot of question that I will be asking in time, I have been reading some posts and I find them very interesting and informative, I am very happy to have joined this forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts