What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Thanksgiving!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Happy ThanksGiving Everyone......I was actually born on ThanksGiving a long long time ago...SMILE. This year my Birthday is the day after on the 28th.

Well Happy BD! And for those who celebrate the holiday, Happy Thanksgiving - :)

We are planning an over night stay @ the Proximity Hotel (below) in Greensboro (about a 40 min drive) on Thursday - will eat at the Print Works Bistro - Susan will likely order the 'turkey offering', but I will probably get one of their seafood dishes.

This is a NEAT hotel - looks like an old industrial building (which was near the property) but is a modern structure w/ art deco architecture - lot of blacks, whites, and metal w/ open pipes - always feel like I'm in one of those 1930s furturistic movies.

Actually, there is an Apple store up the road in a large mall - just bought Susan an iPhone 6 (on Friday from Verizon) - so I've nicknamed her iSue (an iMac, iPad Mini, & now an iPhone 6) - probably will not make a visit this time. Dave
proximity1.jpg

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just a cooking tip: don't forget to poke a few holes in the skin before you pop those turkey hotdogs into the microwave. While admittedly festive, exploding sausages are not conducive to the proper spirit of thanks.

Oh, one more thing...please reserve the miniature marshmallows for the sweet potatoes. They are NOT a topping for your frozen Thanksgiving pizza. Pickles and peanut butter are okay, though.

Amidst such culinary delights, we are also celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary today. Assuming we survive the meal.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a cooking tip: don't forget to poke a few holes in the skin before you pop those turkey hotdogs into the microwave. While admittedly festive, exploding sausages are not conducive to the proper spirit of thanks.

Oh, one more thing...please reserve the miniature marshmallows for the sweet potatoes. They are NOT a topping for your frozen Thanksgiving pizza. Pickles and peanut butter are okay, though.

Amidst such culinary delights, we are also celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary today. Assuming we survive the meal.
Congratulations on your anniversary! A 43rd anniversary is quite an accomplishment. With your anniversary on thanksgiving this year it's almost like the entire country is celebrating your special day.

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's been a WONDERFUL ThanksGiving for me and my Family. I hope everyone had a GREAT ThanksGiving

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hah! An hour after I wrote that silly note, a friend invited us over for dinner. She lives alone, yet had a compulsion to do the whole turkey/stuffing thing. We took a veggie and a jug of margaritas. The three of us had a delightful time, most of it spent in laughter.

We really appreciate the rest of you guys helping us celebrate our anniversary. When yours rolls around, we'll be happy to reciprocate. :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We are planning an over night stay @ the Proximity Hotel (below) in Greensboro (about a 40 min drive) on Thursday - will eat at the Print Works Bistro - Susan will likely order the 'turkey offering', but I will probably get one of their seafood dishes.

Actually, there is an Apple store up the road in a large mall - just bought Susan an iPhone 6 (on Friday from Verizon) - so I've nicknamed her iSue (an iMac, iPad Mini, & now an iPhone 6) - probably will not make a visit this time. Dave

Well, we had a nice evening - wonderful dinner (Mahi Mahi for me & Filet Mignon - medium rare - for Susan; shared an arrangement of 4 mini-desserts w/ a glass of Muscat Beaumes de Venise), and then some real Champagne in the bar (just a flute, since I had some wine w/ dinner).

Then decided to visit the Apple Store on Black Friday - well, not that crowded - I wanted to look @ the iPod Touch 5; after 'playing' w/ Susan's iPhone 6 for a week, I decided that two in the family w/ the added data plan was not needed (my 'dumb' phone @ $20/month + a new iPod to replace my 2nd G on on iOS 4.x is a thought but an A5 chip - of course, the newest iPad w/ 64 GB could do ALL I need?) - so will reconsider just getting a new iPad (mine is nearly 4 years old).

BUT, in the same shopping center was a spice store we had not ever visited - the smell was just marvelous walking in, and we bought 10 different bottles (2 pics below) - really looking forward to trying some of these not only in the kitchen but when the outdoor grilling season starts up again! Dave :)
Spices1.JPG
Spices2.JPG

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts