What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY iPad 1

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, the excitement one year ago today!! My iPad is one today and I love it more than I did on April 3rd last year.

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow. Had forgotten, as it's become so much a part of our lives.
Like you I wouldn't want to send them back.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you make her (are iPads male or female?) a birthday cake?

And put a candle on? And sing 'Happy Birthday'?

Tim
Scotland

OP
Gayle

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, does a screensaver count? Now off to sing "Happy Birthday". :)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To celebrate I'm eating a chocolate coated caterpillar cake adorned with smarties ( M&Ms) and White chocolate feet. Mmmm life is sweet and so is my tooth.....

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine won't be a year old until June (I honestly forgot what day!) and I can't imagine what life was like before I got it! All I know is that my poor iPod Touch has gotten very little use since then.

OP
Gayle

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you--for all the enjoyment it has given to me for the last year, I felt my iPad deserved proper recognition on it's birthday!! :)

Stephen777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1 FTW. I went to buy the iPad 2 last week and hated it. The screen is around 30% smaller I mean, most people including me would rather have a larger screen, wouldn't they?

nezing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only bought my ipad 1 a few weeks ago,and like all above think it is great.As ipad 2 is only just "trickling" back into the stores again,here in the UK,after selling out rapidly upon first release,I was going to sell my ipad 1,much to the amusement of my partner Janet (she calls me a geek) and "upgrade",but not sure now.Smaller,yes,faster,due to dual-core processor,two camera's,but will probably wait till the autumn,and get ipad 3,with it's planned "big upgrade".Very happy for now with my "classic" edition.:D

Neil.

Reaction score
Stephen777 said:
iPad 1 FTW. I went to buy the iPad 2 last week and hated it. The screen is around 30% smaller I mean, most people including me would rather have a larger screen, wouldn't they?

Am I missing something? The screen is exactly the same. Are you sure you tested the iPad 2 and not some 7" tablet?

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
O YEAH IPAD 1 OH YEAH (pauly d voice) yeah happy b day mine will soon also I still enjoy the iPad ones form over my iPad 2! Loves this Chubby Pad, that's my iPad 1's name, the iPad is called Henry my girlfriend gave it that name! HAPPY BDAY AGAIN! AND HERE'S TO ANOTHER YEAR OF LOVE FOR OUR IPADS!

nezing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to interupt,I two thought the screen size,and resolution was the same as the ipad 1,only the ipad 2 was 33% "thinner",to make it lighter in weight.

Mine is a"she"....naturally :D

Neil.

Most reactions

Latest posts