What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handwritting app for iPad

aleshko1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all. I hope someone can help me.

I would like to use my iPad 2 as I used to use my tablet PC. On my tablet PC I was taking huge amount of notes with my stylus in application called GoBinder which was discontinued. This app had a great function...whatever you wrote, the app indexed your words, so that you could later search for them...very handfull when you have hundreds of notes, notebooks and more than 10,000 of pages...

So, I was wondering if something similar exists for iPad...that is...I could write with my stylus and later search for it...if the could save the data to Dropbox even better :)

Thanks for any suggestions.

drnhlau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Notes Plus, a bit complicated to use, great for Uni students

Layth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know, if it has the search option?

You can search your handwritten notes if you buy the handwriting recognition add on. If you have that you can convert your handwriting to text (then back to handwriting) and the handwriting will be searchable. Or you could just leave it as typed text, it's searchable that way too.

Sargon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got Notability and have not found anything about handwriting recognition and therefore search by word capabilities. Would love to find something like what you described together with the ability to record audio.

drnhlau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aleshko1980 said:
Does anyone use Penultimate? Does it have a search option?

Penultimate is rudimentary in the sense of hand writing app. No searchable, no text conversion

amiee1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not sure if it's what you're after, but The paper for iPad is great for general note taking, scribbling and drawing. I read a good review of it earlier, I'll have a look around and post it for you later :)

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
aleshko1980 said:
Hi to all. I hope someone can help me.

I would like to use my iPad 2 as I used to use my tablet PC. On my tablet PC I was taking huge amount of notes with my stylus in application called GoBinder which was discontinued. This app had a great function...whatever you wrote, the app indexed your words, so that you could later search for them...very handfull when you have hundreds of notes, notebooks and more than 10,000 of pages...

So, I was wondering if something similar exists for iPad...that is...I could write with my stylus and later search for it...if the could save the data to Dropbox even better :)

Thanks for any suggestions.

You might take a look at 7Note HD. It has good handwriting recognition and has search capabilities. Also links to Dropbox.

Most reactions