What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handwriting Stylus Update?

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have tried a very large number of styluses, including the Jot Touch, the Jot Script, several iFaradays, two Dagis, the Just Mobile (Alumapen?), the Trent, the Tru-Glide, and a number of others. In my opinion, the standard Jot is pretty good for precision, but the two expensive jots basicall boil down to ripoffs: good ideas, but poorly executed-and Jot hasn't tried to correct the problems. But I keep coming back to those with the microfiber tip, such as the True Glide and iFaraday. I have lost touch in the recent past with newer styluses that have been introduced and was wondering if anyone has such recent experience? Any comments?

P.S. I am only interested in handwriting. Those who use them for drawing have a different set of requirements I think.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still use my two Jot Classics and don't know the others you mention since I've been satisfied with the Jots for a long while and haven't looked for others. I use them in several apps for handwriting.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Jot Script works well for what it's advertised for, Penultimate and therefor the Evernote family of apps. Outside that it is less useful than cheaper styluses. Its generated capacitance appears to be unstable and generally results ins a wavy line. At least mine does. Yes, that's more important in drawing, but even writing is affected unless it's corrected for, like it is in Penultimate.

I've got a couple other cheaper rubber tipped (but not grippy) styluses. I don't like them for handwriting. I'd almost rather use my finger.

Hold in mind I rarely do any hand written notes outside of testing. I'm much more into typing, or even dictation when not in public.

Most reactions