What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hallo All, I am a new member from West Wales, United Kingdom

Monima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having just upgraded to OS 5 , how does one create a sent email folder? There was one in the old OS, but no trash. Now I want both ! Any help gratefully received. Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using IMAP or POP as your mail protocol. If you switch from POP to IMAP your iPad will display all the folders on your email server.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

garanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to Store and view drafts, sent messages, and deleted messages on iPad then Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, choose an account, then tap Advanced. Choose a location for Draft Mailbox, Sent Mailbox, or Deleted Mailbox.

OP
M

Monima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having just upgraded to OS 5 , how does one create a sent email folder? There was one in the old OS, but no trash. Now I want both ! Any help gratefully received. Thanks

Thank you Tim & Gareth. The sent mailbox appeared after I had sent an email once since the the new operating system was installed.

OP
M

Monima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Thanks for that interesting update. Never noticed that!!

Tim

Hallo and Merry Christmas everyone.
My husband bought me a spanking new iMac mid for my Christmas present. I am new to Macs although I do have an IPhone and IPad 2.
I have tried to synch the calendar and contacts of my iPad (duplicated in IPhone of course) with my new iMac. There is an error message saying that my iPad can't be used because it ( I presume the iMac) requires iTunes 10.5 or greater.

So I synched my iPhone and iPad to my windows laptop and ITunes only to be told that e iTunes iPad and iPhone iTunes software was fully up to date.

Q1Where on my iMac can I find the details of the version of ITunes it came with ?

As it happens, I did download iTunes 10.5 and replugged in my IPad and IPhone, but the same error message came up.

Q2 How can one update one's exisiting contacts and calendar entries to a new iMac ?

Thank you very much

Monima

OP
M

Monima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Monima said:
Hallo and Merry Christmas everyone.
My husband bought me a spanking new iMac mid for my Christmas present. I am new to Macs although I do have an IPhone and IPad 2.
I have tried to synch the calendar and contacts of my iPad (duplicated in IPhone of course) with my new iMac. There is an error message saying that my iPad can't be used because it ( I presume the iMac) requires iTunes 10.5 or greater.

So I synched my iPhone and iPad to my windows laptop and ITunes only to be told that e iTunes iPad and iPhone iTunes software was fully up to date.

Q1Where on my iMac can I find the details of the version of ITunes it came with ?

As it happens, I did download iTunes 10.5 and replugged in my IPad and IPhone, but the same error message came up.

Q2 How can one update one's exisiting contacts and calendar entries to a new iMac ?

Thank you very much

Monima

Hallo again everyone
This is only the second time I am on the Forum, so pls forgive if the YouTube topic has already been exhaustively covered for those of us missing it since uploading iO6.
Is there anywhere I can get to download it ?
Thanks very much
Monima

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Monima said:
Hallo again everyone
This is only the second time I am on the Forum, so pls forgive if the YouTube topic has already been exhaustively covered for those of us missing it since uploading iO6.
Is there anywhere I can get to download it ?
Thanks very much
Monima

You can download the iPhone version to your iPad from the App Store.

The Archangel

OP
M

Monima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
You can download the iPhone version to your iPad from the App Store.

The Archangel

Thank you Archangel for responding, but is the IPad version I need. Do you know if this is available ?

Best wishes
Monima

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Monima said:
Thank you Archangel for responding, but is the IPad version I need. Do you know if this is available ?

Best wishes
Monima

The iPad version no longer exists as of iOS 6.x.x but the iPhone version will work.

The Archangel

OP
M

Monima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
staticmap

Most reactions