What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Half of memory used up, no apps running?

anonchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using system status and pad info, I can see that about 57% of the memory is currently being used up. (15% wired, 8% active and the rest "other") Problem is that there are no apps running other than system status. Notifications and location services are both off. What could be using up this memory?

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had the same problem , 7GB of other , the only thing that fixed it for me was to restore my iPad and it went down to 0,35 . There was a thread but I can't find it.

I very far from being an expert so please don't do anything before one of them answers your question !!!!

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does 'Wired' mean in the monitor app, regarding memory used?

System Status Help

Memory Usage
Displays the current memory usage together with total memory and page size. Memory is subdivided into the following categories:
Wired - memory used by the operating system. Not usable by user applications.
Active - memory used by running applications.
Inactive - memory used by applications that are no longer running. Keeping this data in memory can speed-up re-execution of those applications. On the other hand, when necessary, this memory can be given to the applications that need more memory.
Other - memory which is not categorized by the operating system. In other words, Other = Total - Free - Wired - Active - Inactive.
Free - free memory not used by any application

Most reactions

Latest posts