1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net
  1. haroldws

haroldws iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello

I live in a remote area on the south coast of Western Australia but we have access to the internet and I have found my iPad (which I have had for about six months) wonderful. Today, for no apparent reason at all, it suddenly went dead on me. Completely dead — it did not respond to anything I did. Then I found your forum on my desk top computer and found another person had reported the same problem in Octeober and received some good advice about re-booting (holding down the home button and the seep button at the same time). I think I may have read about this before but I had forgotten.

So, I re-booted. And do you know what? It worked! My iPad is now working as if nothing had happened. So I do not know why it "went dead", but thank you for this forum and for your good advice. My iPad is working fine again.

Thankyou and best wishes to everyone.:D
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,726 / 0
    Hi, and welcome to the forum. I have nothing to do withany of the tips to get a "dead" iPad working. I just want to say (about your successful iPad reanimation):

YAY!

And yes, this forum is pretty darn helpful. I've got a few tips bookmarked for later myself...

Again, welcome.

Marilyn