What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had to Reset. Is the iPad Defective? Audio Problem?

JesseQQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the Air for about ten months. Yesterday it just shut down. Today I tried doing a reset and all is well. Does this mean there's a problem? I want to take it back before the warranty expires if something is defective. Also, when watching videos on Facebook, sometimes the audio on a video gets lower for a short time then gets gradually louder again. Is this a function of normalizing the loudness? Or is this a problem or a function of Facebook? I don't watch as many videos off FB so I'm not absolutely sure it wouldn't do it off FB as well. What do you think? Thanks so much for your help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You should restart the iPad occasionally. Like any computer little errors tend to accumulate in the background until problems start cropping up. Once a month is probably enough most of the time. Depending on the apps you use it might need a restart weekly, or even more often for older models like the iPad 2.

Any time the iPad starts to act a a bit strange, unusually slow, or crashes a lot a restart or reset should be your first response. As long as you don't find yourself having to restart the iPad every other day, or more often, to get things done it's probably ok, at least on the hardware end. Software is trickier.

OP
J

JesseQQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's really good information, thank you. Any comment on the audio quirk?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're welcome.

I've never encountered the audio issue before, but I rarely watch FaceBook videos on the iPad. I do know it is really easy to block the external speaker, or if you put something just behind it (like your cupped hand) you can make it sound louder.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have experienced the audio problem with playing videos in FB. Usually it only happens when I exit the video then come back to it, nothing too serious but I suspect its a bug.

OP
J

JesseQQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have experienced the audio problem with playing videos in FB. Usually it only happens when I exit the video then come back to it, nothing too serious but I suspect its a bug.
Thank you Ser. I hope it's just a FB quirk or bug.

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a audio problem in FB and when sending emails I didn't get the whoosh sound on my Air2. What it turned out to be is lots of time when scrolling I get in a hurry and bring up that little panel that has all the functions like airplane mode volume etc. well one button mutes the sound ( bell with / through it) but only mutes some sounds. Some FB movies wouldn't play and others would along with send email sound and I'm sure others. Maybe that was your problem too.

Most reactions

Latest posts