Had it for 4 hours and have to go to Genius already

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by ICONYK, Apr 29, 2010.

1. ICONYK

ICONYK
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well I bought my iPad today and have an issue right away. Video freezes intermittently in several apps. Youtube, Espn App, ABC, etc. It will suddenly freeze the entire iPad and all I can do is a main reset.

I ignored it the first few times assuming a glitch. But now after only 4 hours of ownership and only 7 videos tried to watch 5 froze the whole thing.

A quick google search finds a thread on apple support forums for this with many people having this. Tomorrow I am welcoming my second child so I cannot return it but will visit genius over the weekend.

Very frustrating...

2. kheldour

kheldour
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Haven't had this issue on mine. You'd better go to the store and get a replacement.

3. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Go and trade it in tomorrow for a 3G model:p

4. Franknewbridge

Franknewbridge
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Is there a way to create additional photo albums inside the iPad without using iTunes sync?

Also is anyone out there using mobile me and iDisk? How the h@$$ do I get the photos from iDisk into my photo albums?

I am new to MobileMe and iDisk and have been playing with this for the better part of a week... Contacts and calendars sync fine and this is a real cool feature...

5. Bremen

Bremen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Sorry you are having problems with your iPad :(

Congrats on the new baby :)

6. ICONYK

ICONYK
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks. I am not too upset as I know from others having this issue they are just going to give me a new one. As long as they don't try to give me a refurb I will be happy.

7. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    When you produce a couple million devices you will get some broken units....I haven't had this issue, thankfully!

8. ICONYK

ICONYK
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Genius got me a brand new one. Mine had an issue that was rare. Even he hadn't seen it yet. Apple does it good though with me. 15 minutes and I was walking out with a brand new one still wrapped. Good business.

9. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Yup, thats how they roll, I have still not left an apple store with a problem without a solution...I occasionally have to talk to a few people but they will get it done.

10. ICONYK

ICONYK
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I was pleasantly surprised. In the PC world they usually doubt you. Treat you as if you are making up the issue. But in this case I was treated with respect and when I showed him the video on my iPhone of it happening, (I was afraid it wouldnt do it for him), he instantly handed it back and was appreciative.

What I liked even more is that I was not given a refurb or something else behind the shelf due to it only being a couple days since purchase. They brought out a brand new one. The only reason they opened it was because I forgot my power cords so they took those out of the new one.

Good job Apple!