Hacked pc.....

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by badgersb, Jan 24, 2012.

1. badgersb

badgersb
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hay guys My pc was hacked into and crappy emails were sent to all my friends .
    I have since changed my password and it has been fine.. It is a hotmail account.
    The problem I am having is that my hotmail account is now not working on my iPad?....
    I can receive incoming email , but not allowed to send one... Can any one help

John

2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Changing your password means you must change your email settings on the iPad to accommodate.

3. badgersb

badgersb
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Sorry .. But how do I change it on the iPad..? Do I have to go into a setting on the iPad.....

John

4. Tomscave

Tomscave
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Delete the Hotmail account from your iPad and then set up the account again.

5. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > click on the email account > enter your new password.

You should be able to change your password without deleting anything else. At least it's worked for me repeatedly on several iDevices with an old Hotmail account.

But if you're able to receive and not send, it's probably more than your password.

6. badgersb

badgersb
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys .. I have it fixed now I deleted the account and installed it again , this was my last choice , and yes it was receiving but not sending..... So I am able to send now .. You guys rock ...thanks again..