What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hacked lockscreen: Is it possible?

Ietsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to all of those who may read this! Sadly, I do not posses the skills to fulfil many of my crazy ideas when it comes to this kind of stuff but I've decided to come here with one.

So, I was wondering if it is at all possible to mod the functionality of the lockscreen to make it unlock after pressing a series of buttons.
I would like an image but this is my first post here and so it isn't allowed.
If you google image "halo anniversary waypoint terminal" it'll be the second image

It's a keyboard featured on Halo Waypoint in which you type in a code to gain entry to certain video footage.
All the symbols there have can be found translated into english, it's our 0-9 and a-z in a spiral pattern.

The way I was thinking it would work is quite similar, type in a certain combination in order to unlock your ipad.

As I have no experience at all with this I was wondering if it was even possible...

Thanks for any comments about this, I really do hope though that it's possible! =D

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I I understand you correctly, I don't think what you are looking for is possible. You can get away from the simple 4-digit Passcode, and require a longer alphanumeric code if you want to, but that's about it.

You can have any picture you like on your lock screen. Let me know if I've read you right, and I'll do some pictorial instructions as to how to do it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, there have been quite a few jailbreak tweaks which have replaced the standard PIN code with a solution more akin to Android. I used to use iLock on my iPhone4 before I realised that remembering a pattern unlock was more problematic than remembering a PIN code :D

Whilst I don't use them myself anymore (a strong passcode is, well, strong!), you may like to look into AndroidLockXT, which is a themeable android-like lockscreen replacement. It is a paid Cydia Store app. It reports that is it iPad and 5.x compatible, although as I said, I am not able to verify it.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts