What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guitar trainer app and suitable audio interface

mathewjg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a stand alone Tascam guitar trainer that I can play along with MP3s, slow them down, change the key and loop sections of a song. Its getting old and rather than buy another I would like to do the same on my new Ipad running Ios11 - standard version, NOT the pro version. Ideally I would have the options to:
Play along with a song on youtube normal speed etc
Manipulate MP3s as stated above and play along with those

First question which app if any provides the above or similar.
Second question which audio interface will be most suitable - Is it best to use one with the lightening connector or one that plugs into the headphone socket (which incidentally seems an odd thing to do!)
I don't really want to spend too much - maybe ÂŁ80 ish.

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use anytune to detune or alter tempo of music files. I understand it can also monitor input of a guitar, but I do not use this capability. I dont imagine the interface is critical...probably something like an irig or equivalent.

OP
M

mathewjg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought the iRig pro duo and downloaded (and paid for) Anytune. Maplins closing down sale have the iRig for £120 and other units reduced by 20%. So far I am finding iPad very uncomfortable to use having been used to pc’s and Android. What looked like a useful YouTube video described how to download YouTube sound tracks into anytune turned out to be out of date as the new version doesn’t support this function. The batteries supplied with iRig lasted about 3 hours so I dug out an old mains adapter and am using that. Starting to think that the old tascam trainer isn’t too bad compared to faffing around with iPad, iRig and power supply. And just to annoy me I realise now that iRig also works with pc and android so I could have saved the cost of the iPad. Incidentally all the wonderful free apps that come with iRig are just there to tempt you to buy the full non crippled version

Most reactions

Latest posts