What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess what I got?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good idea, guys! I was going to do this today to see if they can transfer all my contacts from my old phone.

Shitums. I hope so! I will ask about the volume. Hell, I should make a list!:D

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check your sound profiles, not just your volume rocker. You can switch it to Loud. Should help. I love Blackberrys. I have the Sprint Bold 9650, still no wifi hotspot for tether but I can tether my laptop. Also, you can download any ringer you want, so you have tons of choices!
Here's a funny I use the iphone ringtone on my BB!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been there for an hour! I joined this morning. Talk about a big site with lots of members!

I have tons of ringtones and wall papers. Does anyone know what the diff is between themes and wallpapers?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A theme ado controls layout and function, while a wallpaper simply changes your background.

So when. Looking at themes rbe sure it is made for your model AND operating system (4.x or 5.x). Then read the description to what it offers. I made my own theme that has certain hot keys, certain button functions built in, themes also determine where certain icons like notifications and dates are laid out. Etc.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any results?

Yes! All is good. I love this phone! Guess what I just did, Ivan? You'd be proud!

I typed a doc in Pages, sent it to my email as usual, but this time I sent it PDF instead od DOC. And PDF is better because when I open it the doc is right there. Ready to read. Then I opened my email on my brand spanklin new awesome BB, and there is a built in App of Doc to go and it opened, Ivan! There was my report all in it's teensy weeny form!

This girls' on a roll I'm tellin ya.:D

Congrats!

Thank you!

A theme ado controls layout and function, while a wallpaper simply changes your background.

So when. Looking at themes rbe sure it is made for your model AND operating system (4.x or 5.x). Then read the description to what it offers. I made my own theme that has certain hot keys, certain button functions built in, themes also determine where certain icons like notifications and dates are laid out. Etc.

Believe it or not, I think I have discovered this last night! The CB forum is very helpful.

It is not easy to find free themes, though, like free ringtones, which btw, I have some purdy cool ones.

Hey, we should talk with BB messenger! except....I don't know how to do that yet.:p

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, we should talk with BB messenger! except....I don't know how to do that yet.:p
Its easy! Open up the Messenger and select Add a Contact. It will prompt you to type in the person's name (if they are in your contact list), their email address or their PIN. Every BlackBerry has a unique 8-digit PIN. You can find yours by selecting Options (the thingie that looks like a wrench) then look under Status and you will see your PIN. Give that number or your email address to people with whom you want to be able to include in your Messenger list.

Clear as mud, eh?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you give me your PIN and I give you my PIN, we can message each other!

Most reactions