What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grouping frequently-used Docs

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings all.

I've asked this before (or something like it), but didn't get any suggestions one way or the other.

Is there a way (such as with a Cydia app) to group the links to various frequently-used documents, so that they can easily be retreived and loaded in their respective programs (or just one that's cpable of displaying it)? The action I'm after is like that of setting an icon on the desktop of a Windows machine for something like a .doc file, which when clicked, just opens Word and loads the doc... or clicking on a PDF file link icon and it comes up in Adobe Reader.

Thanks,

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look at my post (#18) in this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/38594-dos-like-file-manager-2.html

Will this do? I can use this method to open PDFs, .docx files, etc. No jail break needed or required.

You'll have to have one link per document but at least you'll have a quick link. The nicest thing is that even if you edit that file (within Dropbox's public folder), as long as you don't move it, the link will work on/for/with the edited file.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions