What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grooveshark!!

Aggietoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to be able to view and use grooveshark.com

Will jailbreaking my Ipad allow me to do this?

If no then is grooveshark app still available on cydia and does it work well on the Ipad?

Grooveshark is the ONLY reason I would consider jailbreaking my Ipad. I love streaming music from the site and there is nothing else that comes close to it.

Thanks for any info!

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
photoyc.png

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having to pay three dollars a month for grooveshark because Steve Jobs is a moron is so stupid. Can't wait until they get flash working or until an Android tablet comes out that allows the user to access the entire internet and not just the parts Steve likes.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's wrong with Pandora?

40 hours for free a month.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Grooveshark plays whatever specific song you want it to play. Pandora creates a radio station with songs similar to the one you actually want to hear. Grooveshark is a better service than Pandora in many ways, since you hear the specific songs you actually want to hear.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Having to pay three dollars a month for grooveshark because Steve Jobs is a moron is so stupid. Can't wait until they get flash working or until an Android tablet comes out that allows the user to access the entire internet and not just the parts Steve likes.

maybe you should return your ipad now while you wait for this great other device to come along. But even once it comes along how on earth will you get one if you cant afford $3 a month?

A have fun

(did it really take you 14 years to save up for an ipad?)

Last edited:

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Grooveshark plays whatever specific song you want it to play. Pandora creates a radio station with songs similar to the one you actually want to hear. Grooveshark is a better service than Pandora in many ways, since you hear the specific songs you actually want to hear.

I thought this is what the iPod app was for? :D

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score

maybe you should return your ipad now while you wait for this great other device to come along. Be even once it comes along how on earth will you get one if you cant afford $3 a month?

A have fun

Win ;)

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score

maybe you should return your ipad now while you wait for this great other device to come along. But even once it comes along how on earth will you get one if you cant afford $3 a month?

A have fun

Why pay 3 dollars a month for a service that is offered free on grooveshark.com if your device has flash? Why pay hulu 10 dollars a month for a service that is offered free on hulu.com if your device has flash? Why pay for free services just because Steve Jobs has an issue with flash? Don't get it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Why pay 3 dollars a month for a service that is offered free on grooveshark.com if your device has flash? Why pay hulu 10 dollars a month for a service that is offered free on hulu.com if your device has flash? Why pay for free services just because Steve Jobs has an issue with flash? Don't get it.

Why do you speak of things you know nothing about?

No flash is due adobe's fault not apples.

and you blame Steve Jobs? one person for any faults you find with a company

TheFatNo8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Grooveshark

The reason the Apple world does not play with Flash is entirely a financial one. Apple Inc. (Not Steve Jobs!) is determined, as is their right, to maximise revenue from all areas. Allowing Flash into the Ipad/Iphone world would allow others to benefit financially from offering an 'app like' experience on flash enabled websites with none of the revenue generated going to Apple.
They take 30% of all sales from the Itunes Store, so a website allowing users to get rich functionality that bypassed that would hit Apples bank account, it's not a conspiracy, just a business's desire to maximise profits. I just wish they were honest about their reasons for this position.

Nogard13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, since this was revived...

If anyone wants the Grooveshark app, the one that was pulled from the app store, just google "grooveshark.ipa" and I'm sure you'll find plenty of places to download. Simply install via SSH and you're good.

Most reactions

Latest posts