What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grey screen on ipad2

Reaction score
First, welcome to the forum.

And now, regarding your question, as to how to get rid of the grey screen. Is the iPad screen overlayed by a grey shadow, are all apps grey? Or where you referring to the grey water background image?

If the latter is the case, you can go to Settings->Brightness&Wallpaper->Click on the Wallpaper preview's->Select an image and choose 'Set as Home Screen', or 'Set as Lock Screen'.
Or you can browse images with the Photo app, and change the home screen background image from there. When browsing images in fullscreen mode, you can click on the rightpointing arrow and than on 'Use as Wallpaper'.

If however, the whole display is grey, no matter what app you are in, the display is probably faulty and should be replaced by Apple.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean that your iPad is permanently locked with a grey screen and nothing that you do can change this??

If so, it's time for a reboot...

Press and hold the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for about 15-20 seconds until the white Apple logo appears; it can seem like a long time but, don't worry, it will eventually. The iPad will then reboot. That reboot too takes a long time, so time to make a cup of coffee or tea. Eventually you'll be back at your normal Home screen.

No need to panic, no apps or user data will be lost. This happens occasionally - I've had it happen to me - no need to worry unless it becomes a frequent occurrence....

Tim

gethooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gray screen on iPad

Getting gray screen on specific links (not every screen)

Reset router
Had router firmware upgraded
Rebooted
Cleared history and cookies
Closed safari app
Updated DNS
Nothing is helping now... BUT site used to work about a week ago.

Any thoughts?

Most reactions