What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings

ems101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I just discovered your forum while I was searching on the internet with my iPad 2. I was looking to see if their is any way I can get screen cracks fixed. My iPad works fine so far, but I have dropped it a few times and there are cracks all down the right side in landscape with home button to the left. There are more, but those are the ones that concern me the most since it's hard to use the to select items on that side. I think my warranty may have expired and that's why I was wondering if I could still get it fixed.

Thanks,
Ems101

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums. The normal Apple warranty doesn't cover accidental damage to the iPad, unless you purchased AppleCare + at the time of purchase. You could take the iPad in to an Apple store and ask for a repair estimate. The cost could be as much as a few hundred dollars.
If you do decide to have it repaired, make sure to do a backup first as you will receive a refurbished iPad on payment of the repair bill. You can then set it up from the backup you made.

Most reactions

Latest posts