1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by jcherepy, Jul 26, 2010.

1. jcherepy

jcherepy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bought a 32GB 3G today. I'm retired for the telephone industry and an Amateur Radio operator with interests in computers,etc. I have two desktops, a laptop, a netbook, iPod, iPhone 3GS, a Kindle (birthday gift) and now the iPad. :)
  2. Tagg67

Tagg67 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Welcome.... one of my co-workers is a HAM also... where are you located?

Enjoy your new Ipad...

. . . _ . _

. . . _ . _

Tagg
  3. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Welcome! NØIU here! I guess you could say I am one of the "old school" amateur radio operators (you know, the kind that learned Morse code!), but one of the first apps I got for my iPad was EchoLink and I love it!

For those of you who don't know about this app (which I assume is almost everyone here), it is a VoIP program, but it is for amateur radio operators only.
  4. jcherepy

jcherepy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm Grayson, GA and my call is WB4WTN. I have Echolink on iPhone, but didn't know there was an iPad version.
  5. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Its the same app as on your iPhone. Its not "HD", but I use it in the double magnification mode. And I thought this "OF" would never do EchoLink, but now I know what all the fuss is about!