greetings!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by DavidWitt, Oct 20, 2010.

1. DavidWitt

DavidWitt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi, I'm an artist, designer and developer who specializes in color and color interaction. My indie dev company, Chromatic Arts, just released Colormixer for the iPad. It's a 'tool-toy' for creating color compositions, as well as an educational color theory tutorial that I developed for working with screen color.

I look forward to spending some time here, and I welcome any questions, etc. that may come my way!

regards,
    -David
  2. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Welcome to the Forum David

I hope you enjoy the forum. I'm going to go look at that app you developed. You live in a great city.
  3. DavidWitt

DavidWitt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, Matt. As a former midwesterner, I have to say that winter here is much more agreeable! ;)
  4. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Hello David!

I downloaded your app today. I am going through the introduction. I have already found it useful and I'm only at color construction.

Beside spending too much time on the iPad, I also spend time taking photos. On weekends I travel around northern Indiana, southern Michigan, and North west Ohio, searching for decrepit old barns...when I get home, I start to process these photos adjusting histograms for each photo, first to get a good color rendition of the subject and then to fix composition, etc.

Your app has started me thinking that what I have been doing unawares on photos IS color mixing. DUH! The explanation of RGB dot and hex in such a simple instructive way is genius! I should probably put this in a review of the app. I'll do that when I go through the entire program and start playing with the app in more detail.

Suffice it to say, THANK YOU! BTW, the Midwest is a beautiful place to be, but there is NOTHING finer than San Francisco in the winter time.
  5. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    As another former Midwesterner from Hannibal, MO once said...
    "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco!"
  6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Hi David! You live in my city. I am so jealous! What area? Did you see the game last night?
  7. DG~X

DG~X iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Welcome to the forums, hope to see you around.:)
  8. DavidWitt

DavidWitt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @DG~X thanks, i'm glad to be here!

@SweetPoison, I live in Potrero Hill, and my studio is in the Mission. We like the sunny side of the City! Yes, that was a great win in front of a hostile crowd (being from Minnesota, i'm a Twins fan, but now i'm on the Giants bandwagon;)

@1991-C4, true that – we call it our 'second winter' ;)

@MattIM, thank you so much for checking out Colormixer! It's something i've worked on for a long time, so i'm glad to hear that you're finding it fun and useful - a review in the AppStore would be most appreciated!

Also, it's interesting to hear about your color work in photography; I have a background in color correction for print, and have been using Photoshop since it first came out. My print color teacher was Dan Margulis, who taught me how to work with channel color and curves.

Color is a huge subject, and i'm interested in all of it, so feel free to ask me questions, or start up a color conversation!

regards all,
    -David
  9. DG~X

DG~X iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    No prob bud.:)