What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from London

deadstick2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all!

Just a quick message to introduce myself as a new member. I'm Dan, I live and work in London in the music industry. I've been a long time iPad user having recently upgraded to the iPad 2. The original iPad completely replaced my laptop for work purposes and the iPad 2 continues in the same vein. Absolutely loving it so far. Just recently got the Apple keyboard dock which I'm really impressed with.

I've been a long time viewer of this forum and decided that I should take the plunge and get involved.

So there we have it...no doubt I'll catch you all around on the boards sometime soon.

Cheers,

Dan

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there Dan and welcome.

I work in the smoke too.....what do you do in the music industry?

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html & hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. A link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

The Archangel

OP
deadstick2011

deadstick2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Archangel,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I work in the music licensing side of the industry in a A&R kind of role. Good fun but long hours and often hectic!

Thank you for the info. I am already using the app; makes the whole process a lot easier!

Cheers,

Dan

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deadstick2011 said:
Hi Archangel,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I work in the music licensing side of the industry in a A&R kind of role. Good fun but long hours and often hectic!

Thank you for the info. I am already using the app; makes the whole process a lot easier!

Cheers,

Dan

Hey that's really cool, I'm too old now but I used to work in production, dj'ing, pretending to play in a band, lighting design and did some contractual stuff too. Getting home between 3 and 5am is way too much for me now. I do a bit of work with an upcoming girl band now.

I'm a real fan of the app!

The Archangel

OP
deadstick2011

deadstick2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sounds cool, you must let me have a listen to their stuff sometime...I love hearing new stuff!

I must admit that the past few years have really started to catch up with me, I don't go to as many gigs as I used to! A little more selective these days.

Cheers,

Dan

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deadstick2011 said:
That sounds cool, you must let me have a listen to their stuff sometime...I love hearing new stuff!

I must admit that the past few years have really started to catch up with me, I don't go to as many gigs as I used to! A little more selective these days.

Cheers,

Dan

They are in the studio now, gigging in the SE.....not as far as London yet though.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts