What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Bulgaria

vrajdeber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there, my name is Vladimir Kostov and I'm 28 years old.

I live in Varna, Bulgaria and this week my wife will give me an iPad for my B-day.

Otherwise, I'm an iPhone user, PS3 gamer, Arsenal FC fan and representive for the local fan club and I'm looking forward to have a look around the forums.

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome Vladimir! My sister lived in Varna and ended up marrying a Kostov! My brother in law's name is Krasimir Kostov! Any relation?!

Gansevoort

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Hi Everyone,

First post here. Hope all is well and iPads are the least of our problems. Now, on the topic at hand. How do you go about typing with Bulgarian letters? I found a transliteration site whereby you can type a text, convert it into Bulgarian and then copy and paste it wherever. it's cumbersome, though.

Another problem I'm having is the transfer of files. Just returned an adapter to the Apple store. My SD doesn't fit in there. iTunes are a pain. So, what do we do? Isn't there a simple way to see the iPad as a hard drive from the computer and have the files transferred that way?

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

First post here. Hope all is well and iPads are the least of our problems. Now, on the topic at hand. How do you go about typing with Bulgarian letters? I found a transliteration site whereby you can type a text, convert it into Bulgarian and then copy and paste it wherever. it's cumbersome, though.

Another problem I'm having is the transfer of files. Just returned an adapter to the Apple store. My SD doesn't fit in there. iTunes are a pain. So, what do we do? Isn't there a simple way to see the iPad as a hard drive from the computer and have the files transferred that way?

As far as official support there is only a Russian language keyboard. Obviously you will be missing a few letters but I don't know of an official Bulgarian keyboard.

As far as transferring files I would use iphone explorer if you have a stock ipad and winscp to ssh if you are jailbroken. Here is the link for iphone explorer which is free and open source.

iPhone Explorer - A USB iPhone browser for Mac and PC

Gansevoort

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank @Jake18oly. Obviously will have to use the Russian alphabet as messy as it is. Thought there might be phonetic but since there's no such will have to use that one. As for the iPhone Explorer, it's still dependent on iTunes which I'd like to avoid. I have a YamiPod for my old iPod and that works great and was hoping there might be something similar. For now I'm using DropBox to transfer mainly jpgs which is excruciatingly slow and clumsy. Just got DocsToGo and that helps a bit regarding doc and xls files.

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank @Jake18oly. Obviously will have to use the Russian alphabet as messy as it is. Thought there might be phonetic but since there's no such will have to use that one. As for the iPhone Explorer, it's still dependent on iTunes which I'd like to avoid. I have a YamiPod for my old iPod and that works great and was hoping there might be something similar. For now I'm using DropBox to transfer mainly jpgs which is excruciatingly slow and clumsy. Just got DocsToGo and that helps a bit regarding doc and xls files.

I think the best way to use docs to go is to sync it with google docs. That is what I do and I am able to access all of my files from anywhere. You should give it a try.

Most reactions

Latest posts