1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Greetings from ANiF

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by steppinwolf, Apr 18, 2011.

1. steppinwolf

steppinwolf iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello from Another New iPad Fan. Maybe ANIF will be the next new computing acronym, LOL. Yes, I searched online and it's not in use yet. :p

I've been a PC user all my life, but Apple's iPad is changing the face of computing for good. After only 4 days, I don't even want to use my pre-iPad computers anymore, except remotely through my iPad 2! OK, maybe it's not practical for everything in terms of computing power, but I'm still like a kid in the candy store right now and so far I keep finding apps for pretty much anything I need to do.

Nice forum too. I've read the forum rules/intro threads and downloaded the iPad manuals and a bunch of other stuff the first day it arrived...
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  2. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    You sound like a model citizen already! Welcome to the forums...
  3. steppinwolf

steppinwolf iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, I like to be prepared! Still feelin' like a kid in a candy store after 1 week. :)
  4. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    As I quoted elsewhere we don't go to our computers anymore, we take them with us now.
    For my pc's and mac I use AirVideo and ZumoCast to stream videos, docs and photos, as well as Splashtop to control them from my pad.
    Saves a lot of storage on the ipad.
  5. steppinwolf

steppinwolf iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So far I've had a chance to try AirVideo and it's fantastic. Thanks for the tip! I'll try the other apps soon.