What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

greetings from absolute dumb newbie

aromaanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody I want you to know I will rely on you for help as I am a geriatric dumber than dumb new user and at times I wonder why I put myself through all this.if I had known fifty years ago that this magic existed I would not have believed it but I know it is worth persevering with. If I ask a question please assume that I know nothing!at the moment I have no sound on anything,games email sent etc so how do I go about rectifying this.i have been into settings and alerts but am still not getting it right. Help!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everybody I want you to know I will rely on you for help as I am a geriatric dumber than dumb new user and at times I wonder why I put myself through all this.if I had known fifty years ago that this magic existed I would not have believed it but I know it is worth persevering with. If I ask a question please assume that I know nothing!at the moment I have no sound on anything,games email sent etc so how do I go about rectifying this.i have been into settings and alerts but am still not getting it right. Help!

G'day Anne, no you are not dumb in any sense of the word. Yes the magic is there for any new owner of an iPad and you've taken a good step in asking when something is not clear.

First try this: in landscape mode press the on-off button (top LHS) at the same time you press the Home screen button (square one on right hand side) Keep holding both in (even if an On slide button appears) until you see the white Apple logo. Keep holding, keep staring at that apple maybe half a minute or more, until the home screen wallpaper appears. Slide the On button and see how that works now. Let's have feedback on how that went.

If it did not work, don't worry. Come back, there are other steps to take.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to get my head round this. I will try to watch your post to see if I can understand any more

OP
A

aromaanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Success

Thank you all have had some success atleast I have sound now having discovered the mute button and realised how to turn the sound up with volume button I still haven,t mastered getting sound alerts like sent and received emails but someone told me these sound effects canbe a bit annoying, so are they worth it is my next request. I went into settings and ticked the boxes for the sounds I wanted but so far have not heard anything. It is very reassuring to know you get back tomesoquickly so thanks a lot to everyone who took the trouble to reply.i do try reading the iPad instruction book but the jargon to a non techno like me can confuse me.i need someone who can speak dead simple but agin thank you so much

Most reactions

Latest posts