What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings and a question

iW00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I found this forum by chance after getting my ipad 2 and have been reading through a bunch of threads for the last couple of weeks so figured it was time to post something..

I am loving my ipad but am sure that I am not using its potential - far from it! So I hope this forum will enlighten me on the many applications of this wonderful gadget.. My first question is regarding the Remote app for remote control of iTunes on my macbook...

Remote is able to locate iTunes and iTunes is able to locate my ipad.. However when I click on "My Library" in the Remote app, it goes from "Looking for my library" to "Connecting to my library" but then it times out and finally gives me the message: "Remote can't connect to your iTunes library. Check your network settings and try again."

I have been browsing through different troubleshooting threads at Apple but have not found the reason/solution to this... I have Home Sharing on both devices, both are on the same Wi-fi connection, I got to type in the 4 digit code correctly, and my firewall is turned off on my macbook..

If anyone has any ideas I could try, that would be much appreciated.. I tried logging on to a friend's iTunes from my ipad and that worked so I am guessing it must be some settings on my macbook...?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I hope someone will be able to answer your question soon.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts