What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenpois0n Untethered 4.2.1 Jailbreak Released

ocdetails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ran this jailbreak on my wife's 4.2.1 iPad the other night. All I did was plug the iPad into the computer, turn it off, I don't even have iTunes installed on the machine I did this on, and then launch the app. It has you boot the iPad into DFU and then it runs the jailbreak. Then you launch the new app on your springboard to install Cydia and you are all set. It really doesn't get any easier than this. No need to backup anything unless you plan on restoring it in the event you want to go back to normal. The way I figure it, if I decide to go back to unjailbreak, then I am probably going to want a clean restore on the device and not something already linked to my account, so I didn't bother with a backup. All the apps I downloaded from the app store were still there, so this jailbreak is really non-intrusive and safe. I know it is a little stressful to start tweaking your several hundred dollar device, but this is really an easy and safe process.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some people backup because they want there settings restored and other stuff.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ryank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh... Yes...
Just finish jailbreak it with no probs.
(but there's some step that make my heart beat faster...)

But found no problem. I upgrade after using limera1n ios ver 3.2.2.
directly upgrade to 4.2.1 from iTunes and jailbreak it with greenpois0n.

Nice...

Most reactions