What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

greenpois0n RC5 WINDOWS VERSION release

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I followed the instructions... But I can't tell if I'm actually jailbroken or not. My Apple logo doesn't change into a skull... But I ended up with a Loader icon, which allowed me to install Cydia, which I am currently running and it's updating the packages.
Can I assume that I am jailbroken since Loader and Cydia were installed and worked?

Green poison uses the apple logo. Redsnow uses a pineapple. You are still jailbroken.

pelinca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have 3.2.2 Jailbreaked on my Ipad.
What is the best way to go to 4.2.1 Jailed with Greenpoison without losing my apps+cydia tweaks.

TX

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anybody confirm if I lose the ability to transfer across pics from my iPhone using CCK

cheers

mi04se1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First time a jailbroke an ipad. Quick question. Are the apps more spread out compared to stock? Also, in an app, is the top bar not clear as you cant read the clock or if wifi is on?

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that they can use this over Redsnow. I would prefer not to have to do a restore. The online instructions I found here did not say.

appadvice.com/appnn/2011/02/jailbreak-ios-421-untethered-windows/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AppAdvice+%28AppAdvice%29

KekszNET

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noted that its slower after the JB, after pushing something on the screen it has a lag of seconds...

And it has removed(?) my game center registration, I had to sign up again...

mi04se1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a factory refresh and re-jailbroke it. Everything is back to normal. Must have been something wrong when I first jailbroke it.

mi04se1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many sources are there supposed to be? The first time I jb'd it, I could have sworn there were atleast 3. Now its only showing 2 and modmy isnt showing. I clicked on one of the sources and it listed modmy and I clicked on reinstall. It still isnt showing up.

Curare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that they can use this over Redsnow. I would prefer not to have to do a restore. The online instructions I found here did not say.

appadvice.com/appnn/2011/02/jailbreak-ios-421-untethered-windows/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AppAdvice+%28AppAdvice%29

Both MuscleNerd and pod2g have tweeted that those two JB methods use different methods that do not interfere with each other. If you have a tethered JB with redsn0w on 4.2.1 you can just run greenpois0n and gain an untethered JB.

Of course if you run into problems, just do a restore back to stock 4.2.1 and then run greenpois0n.

Have fun.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the windows version jailbrake zip saved in my ipad. Im wondering now if i should wait a few days to see if theres any bugs or anything. To see if the chronic team pushes another newer windows version...ahhhhh! Should i wait or this version good to go with no issues? Not my first time jailbraking. I was jailbroke on 3.2.2...ahhh ive missed Ifiles n my emulators sooooooo much..lmfao

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the windows version jailbrake zip saved in my ipad. Im wondering now if i should wait a few days to see if theres any bugs or anything. To see if the chronic team pushes another newer windows version...ahhhhh! Should i wait or this version good to go with no issues? Not my first time jailbraking. I was jailbroke on 3.2.2...ahhh ive missed Ifiles n my emulators sooooooo much..lmfao

Go ahead. I did it last night. Rebooted about 30 times. Soo much fun rebooting without a computer....

Most reactions

Latest posts