1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

greenpois0n not working

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by nomnom, Mar 26, 2011.

1. nomnom

nomnom iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everyone, I have an iPad 1g, 4.2.1. I follow the instructions (holding down the buttons in the correct sequence for the certain period of time), I hear the beeps to confirm the times are correct, but when I click jailbreak it never succeeds; it just reboots.

I have my apps on here as I've had this iPad for a couple months now, do I have to delete everything / restore it to factory defaults, or is it okay the way it is?

Also, is there any reason to upgrade to 4.3(.1) and then jailbreak it, or am I fine just doing what I'm doing?

Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated. I just don't understand why the simple 3 instructions of holding down button x or y isn't working :\. I've put it in dfu mode manually, then ran greenpois0n, same results... :\

Thanks!
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  2. JF7FSU

JF7FSU iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't speak for the iPad, but I had a lot of trouble getting GP into DFU mode and it took several times to get it right.
  3. nomnom

nomnom iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    solved

Turns out a reboot fixed it... who would have thunk it :p

thanks folks