Great looking IPAD stand by Twelve South

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Blackbelt, Nov 6, 2010.

1. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I have had the exact opposite experience from what you've described - it is a stable typing platform and ergonomically angled just right (for me, anyway.) I have not once had the iPad tipping over on any of the corners, including pushing the home button.

2. cb808

cb808
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    That is prettty nifty.

3. eggfarmer

eggfarmer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    can you put this in a lower position without it tipping over from the weight of the ipad so you don't have to reach up so high to type and if you can put it in a lower position is the flexible arm strong enough to support the iPad without it drooping??

4. iCrush

iCrush
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I picked one of these up a couple of weeks ago. I needed something for school that would hold my iPad in the landscape position, almost vertical. I then use the Apple Bluetooth keyboard for typing.

My big motivator was the fact that it folds up into a small foot print. The stand works great. I have not issues using it in this configuration.

I would buy another one, that is if this thing ever needs replacing.

Great product, killer styling, and sells at a fair price.
    iCrush

5. SharonFromCalifornia

SharonFromCalifornia
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I was looking for a stand and just found this thread... I ended up ordering a SnakeClamp... Worth checking out and great customer service.

My two cents...

SFC :)

6. richgalen

richgalen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have this stand. It IS great, but I travel a good bit and to the TSA agent looking at my backpack, this appears as it if is a weapon. I tried taking it out and putting in in the basket with my laptop (which I carry as well as my iPad) but that caused unending consternation. In the end I bought a ZaggMate which works like a charm.

7. unimatrixzer0

unimatrixzer0
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So many options for iPad stands I can't decide =/

8. gordonk

gordonk
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I also have the Compass - works great for me in conjunction with the Bluetooth keyboard. It was one of the few that I found that allows me stand up the iPad with my case on. Agreed it's not as stable as it could be, but better than my case when I use it as a stand. I also have the Griffin one, but the angle is a little steep for me when I'm working. Fine for viewing though.

9. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I know the feeling exactly. I suppose you do need to do your research and take your time, ask questions, compare prices and know what you need/expect before you buy it.

For me, the selling point of the Compass was its portability: it folds up and you can pack it anywhere to bring along.

10. gordonk

gordonk
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Good point on the portability!! That was one of the key reasons I bought it:) I've actually been starting to use my iPad at work a fair amount for certain things. I've also been kinda eying the cases with the integrated keyboards, but in my area, they don't really stock them and I really would prefer to see in person before buying. Reviews are one thing, but nothing like picking up the real thing:)