What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Little War Game

Paa100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so enjoying this. Loved Field Commander on my PSP. This is on another level. Great con the iPad!
Stuck now though. Done call Skirmishes.

On All out war pack. Just can't keep the General safe for 10 days on Super Safe Harbour. Been stuck for days. Any hints?

That was a difficult one. I had to re-try several times.
After a few times I realized that destroyers can't shoot the general, so I focused on the cruisers which are the only threat to the general, along with the enemy bombers. I used attack copters and bombers. The bombers pretty much went on suicide runs on the cruisers (due to the Aegises), while the attack copters tried to keep the skies clear of enemy bombers.
When I won the Lake was full of enemy destroyers and Aegises and I was one round away from an enemy cruiser finally getting into range to shoot the general.

Thanks! Did it. Close though. More levels needed soon.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the second expansion pack that was just released today nd played he first two scenarios.

Thanks for releasing it. Great game!

Markdf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I got to the point where the game asks if I want to review it to enable the Grenadier. I had already rated GLWG (5 stars!) but said yes (who wouldn't want a grenadier?). I was taken to my previous review which I re-submitted. The grenadier didn't show up on the subsequent mission (it's the one with the first water map) for me, although the enemy did have one. Did I miss the opportunity since I rated GLWG before being prompted?

Thanks.

rahsosprout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Missing Achievements

I am extremely excited about the new map pack (haven't played it yet but I can't wait to start), but when I updated my app, all my achievements disappeared :( dunno if it had anything to do with the addition of the 16th.

Just out of curiosity, how many difficulty settings are there? I just unlocked Medium for the first two map packs after beating them today.

Thanks! :D

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a great game for a fantastic price. I play with my son who consistently whips me :)

Rapidj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to use the engineer to capture the barracks in the 2nd level. I land on the pad where the enemy come out and try to capture the barracks, but it just puts a big blue wrench floating over e top. It won't let me move e engineer off the pad and then I lose him when I finish my turn. Can someone please enlighten an idiot like me. :)
Thanks
Kory

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finished the second expansion pack.
Great game, looking forward to the next expansion pack.

One suggestion...how about a "pro" mode where hitting target would be based on a percentage. Right now you never miss, always hit.

The % to hit could b affected by bunch of factors...distance, height, target type, experience level of the shooter, etc

Hawk 8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need Help

I have a gold trophy on all missions except mission 11 Face off, any tips would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hawk 8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a gold trophy on all missions except mission 11 Face off, any tips would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

I tried a new strategy and got a gold trophy. This is game is one of the best app games available! I cant wait for more updates.

sab340

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could really use some help with mission 15. Its called holiday...just can't seem to beat it at all.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used a bit of everything. Used the general too, he has a pretty powerful gun.

Sword

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could really use some help with mission 15. Its called holiday...just can't seem to beat it at all.

I started by buying more grunts. put them on the hill, they can damage enemy without getting hit (use them to dmg only, use those on lower ground to kill) try to remember which grunt kill enemy, up their level first. then it will be an easy game out. I try not to use the general as it hinder the growth of my grunts. Later game can get sniper out when u can afford it.

baldylox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i could use some advice on Mission 11, Face Off. Ive tried bum rushing the center and holding it as a choke point and failed. One thing I can figure out is how the AI is able to continuously keep making vehicle with only 3 oil derricks. I swear sometimes 2-3 are crafted each round. help!! been stuck on this for a whole flight from LA-Boston. lol

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does this game have a lot of replay value?

I'm trying to decide if I should get it now for 99 cents or wait to see if it goes free over the holidays.

Most reactions

Latest posts