What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great IPad RPG's

modernfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm currently playing Aralon, Infinity Blade & Dungeon Hunter 2 and all three have good aspects.

Combat in Infinity Blade is interesting with the swiping action instead of hitting a button, and the graphics are flat out gorgeous. Since you're basically fighting the same battles over & over to get to the main boss fight, I'm looking forward to where the developers will go with new content on this one.

Dungeon Hunter 2 has good controls and is easy to play. I can easily spend 2 hours playing without realizing it. The characters are tiny in the environment and it feels like you're spying on them from a balcony most of the time, but it's a fair tradeoff because the large environment means a lot less time spent loading.

Aralon is amazing - definitely the most ambitious and expansive game for the iPad. It feels and looks a lot like Morrowind. My only complaint is the door lock glitch in Callenheim that denied me access to the weapon shop (lock set at 100, but player lockpicking skill only 75 with no means to improve it). This occurred even with the update. Can't get very far if you can't upgrade your weapon, so I started over with a new character in the hope that this time it will work. Also wondering if the iPad joystick coming out later this month will be compatible with Aralon. THAT would be the cherry on the top of this free-roaming sundae.

Most reactions

Latest posts