What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great IPad RPG's

Last Gladius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, Last Gladius here, I have recently purchased Dungeon Hunter 2 HD, for the iPad. I am a big fan of lots of RPG's such as Runescape on the computer. I have been looking for more great RPG's, and was wondering if anyone would give me some insight on RPG's, paid or free. Thanks.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
There are a couple I play, one is an MMO and is in its infancy but working and the other is the potential to bring iPad gaming up to par with most other platforms.

Infinity Blade - built on the Unreal Engine, this game is amazing. $5 I think. You can buy gold for money in the game now.
Pocket Legends - decent MMO still in development with great potential. Free, but you can buy things in the game.

These are the only 2 I play regularly. I know there are more, but I cannot comment on them.

OP
L

Last Gladius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Pocket Legends is great fun, only level 3,but I am not really getting Infinity Blade, as in what is the point.The graphics are stellar for an iPad game, but I am wondering is it supposed to have the same feel with it the entire time?

Last edited:

Crashsystm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got Dungeon Hunter 2 on my iphone before christmas. I play it every now and then - wish it was universal as I dont want to spend again for the ipad version. Do you think it is worth it?

But to give you a pointer for a great RPG you should try Aralon sword and shadow. It is massive and hands down the best and most complete game I have on my ipad. Most games on iOS are simply pick-up-and-play but Aralon gives you a console experience.

The game doesnt have as good reviews as it should due to some bugs that are bound to be ironed out. A lot of people had the first version crash on them altough I never experienced that. The ipad version also has annoying iphone resolution loading screens. I read somewhere that a big iPad update is in the works.

Oh and Aralon is universal :)

OP
L

Last Gladius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I have looked at Aralon, but the reviews made me think twice about spending $10.00, I'll have to go check it out. Now dungeon hunters 2 is a great game,I think we can all agree on that, but if you have one version on the iPhone or ipod Touch, you may not want to spend another $7.00 on the iPad version. If you do still want it, the multiplayer is great, I play with some if my Xbox friends. The extra screen real-estate also makes it a more immersive experience. It's a little more easy to have someone to talk to to make it funner, but it is still fun to play multiplayer.

Last edited:

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I would consider Infinity Blade as being "in development." It is playable, but doesn't have the finished feel to the storyline. I believe as they keep working on it, and from the notes of what is coming, it will be a lot more developed and fleshed out over the next few months. Now, it is basically a gear-grind.

I am really looking into Dungeon Hunter 2, but don't know if it is worth the price. Same with Aralon.

OP
L

Last Gladius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess the "not completely polished" thing was what I was feeling with infinity blade, but I started to get more into it yesterday, I think the game will grow to be better, with the promise of new areas like the new dungeon they are developing. Dungeon hunters 2 is targeted toward a certain kind of people, it is a questing, dungeon-crawling game, where you fight, quest, level-up, and then rinse and repeat. It is similar to Diablo, and has taken a good 10 hour chunk out of my life with just one of the three playable classes and I will definently be beating the game with all three characters and it is even funner with more people with the multiplayer mode. And if anyone has a PlayStation 3, like me, they are coming out with a game, Dungeon Hunter:Alliance.

Last edited:

Lucryster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aralon is great. Totally open rpg. No rails for the most part. Great graphics.

OP
L

Last Gladius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used some gift card money for Aralon, and it is great! I was really surprised with the graphics and there is a lot to do and it is pretty immersive with the quests graphics and the plot isn't that bad either. You can make potions, and it reminds me of Runescape. Pretty good buy in my opinion, but some people may not like it so you may as well look up and gameplay videos on YouTube. It is 3rd-person but it handles the controls very well, the classes are all good but I died a lot starting as a Mage. The decision to buy it is up to how you like your RPG's, dungeon-crawling or WoW-esque. Aralon is definently like WoW, with the graphics of the game. There is only one thing that I do not like about this game, is the running, only when you get to the end of your dungeon you have to make the boring trek all the way back to the beginning.

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Touch Arcade has a lot on Aralon as the devs post on their forums frequently and members helped with beta testing. The good thing is they intend to keep pumping out the updates and fixes.
The site is always worth keeping an eye on.

Crashsystm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Toucharcade.com

I see users on that site voted Aralon as Game of the year. As for playing as mage I read somewhere that users playing as mages and rangers complained about how close they have to get to an enemy to launch ranged attacks. They will probably fix it in an update but I recommend playing as a fighter until they do.

OP
L

Last Gladius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya, the mages have to be very close to attack, and considering they already have extremely low defense and health they will get killed.

Most reactions